1988 Jeep Grand Wagoneer (Woody)

Ddays

Hooked
Engine is sealed and painted, I’m hoping to get all of the pieces back onto it and ready to be put back in this week then hopefully running next week! I’m excited to get it drivable so I can start working on the exterior and a camping set up in the back.

Came out great but.....:thinking:

s-l1600.jpg

Anyone know of a sure fire way to get the timing close on these AMC 360s while the engine is out? I’m trying to get the distributor back in but boy is it a tight fit and I don’t want to damage anything! Once that goes in, everything else should come easy!

IMG_1147.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

fiend

Caught the Bug
Anyone know of a sure fire way to get the timing close on these AMC 360s while the engine is out? I’m trying to get the distributor back in but boy is it a tight fit and I don’t want to damage anything! Once that goes in, everything else should come easy!

View attachment 358366

It’s been ages since I worked on one, but I seem to recall the AMC 304 had TDC and related degree markings on the crankshaft harmonic dampener, and related markings on the distributer. I would imagine the 360 is the same.

wjtstudios

Hooked
I was lucky enough to have mine set on a run in stand before the engine went in. It is a tight fit back there. I hope fiend is right

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Engine is in, working on hooking everything up now. I can’t wait to hear it roar!.... hopefully. Once this is done I’m going to fix the suspension and put on a rustys 3.5” lift.

IMG_1456.jpg

I finally got it running with a little gas down the carb but now I need to adjust the timing and play with the carb

IMG_1744.jpg

Top Bottom