1st post ... be kind :)

You drive a Jeep and the last thing you should be concerned about is MPG. If you want something that has great MPG get a Prius. I do not drive my Jeep because of the awesome MPG, instead I drive it because I like it and suck up the $50 a week to put gas in it. JMHO

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
Just to give a counterpoint, I don't carry my spare with me driving back and forth to work. Worse comes to worse, I call AAA and have them take me home to get the spare. Any trips I take out of town and the tire goes back on.

thardy

Banned
Let's face it, did any of us really buy a Jeep because we wanted good mileage? Hell, I was happy when I got my JK and went from combined 8 mpg with by old 2dr Tahoe, to 17 mpg with my JK.

Skirmish

You drive a Jeep and the last thing you should be concerned about is MPG. If you want something that has great MPG get a Prius. I do not drive my Jeep because of the awesome MPG, instead I drive it because I like it and suck up the $50 a week to put gas in it. JMHO

Pre 2012 that might be true but with a 3.6 even lifted on 35's and heavy armor I can pull off decent mpg if I don't treat it like a sports car. I wouldn't buy a wrangler before '12 because of the bad mpg. I average 17.8 splitting highway/city.

Sent from my HTC One using WAYALIFE mobile app

catahoula

Caught the Bug

Hell I fill up more that in a week...about every four days! AND loving it!:)

blask06

I wouldn't go without the spare. I once got a flat in my BF Goodrich KM2 pulling off to the side of a highway off ramp to answer some texts. A frickin' stick went right through it.

LKWJeeper

I agree 100%

DMF

I've gain 1.5 mpg since last fill up only because I put 39PSI in my tires compare to what I had before 32 PSI. Max tire pressure is 65PSI so I'm still in the safe zone. Keeping the Jeep at a steady speed feels like a lot less work now.

JAGS

Hooked
I've gain 1.5 mpg since last fill up only because I put 39PSI in my tires compare to what I had before 32 PSI. Max tire pressure is 65PSI so I'm still in the safe zone. Keeping the Jeep at a steady speed feels like a lot less work now.

Watch your tire wear though. I had mine at about 34 for a while with my new 37" trail grapplers. I'm now down to 28 PSI so I have more even wear. 👍

DMF

Watch your tire wear though. I had mine at about 34 for a while with my new 37" trail grapplers. I'm now down to 28 PSI so I have more even wear. 

Thanks Jags, I'll lower it. Rather waste a few dollars at the pump then burn through tires.

Brankz

50 bucks! Please tell me what gas station you're going lol

Top Bottom