2.5" Lift Kit Ideas

AJK

I'm running Rock Krawler's 1.5" Spring lift with 5100's and 33's. I'm happy with the setup. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1442020566.301917.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1442020584.971062.jpg

bdan84

Im running the 2.5 rock krawler with 33s wish i wouldn't of wasted my money on 33s but the lift rides great

Attachments

• 1442022245280.jpg
    1442022245280.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 210

aldaman

Running RK 2.5" stock mod with Bilstein shocks....Here are some pics with 35s and 33s

33" KM2s
image.jpg

35" Toyo Open Country MTs
image.jpg

:beer:

aldaman

About how much lift did you net out of that kit? Only reason I ask is for driveshaft concerns.

~3" but I haven't disconnected the front when off-roading (the terrain didn't require it to). With this lift it advertises 2.5" to compensate for settling if the owner chooses to run heavy aftermarket bumpers or winches....

el_chupo_

If you want to run a RK lift with coils, but dont want to do the drive shafts, just get on of their 1.5" kits instead of a 2.5" kit.

without heavy bumpers and extra armor, you should see around 2.5" of lift, and it will probably be about the safest bet for a full coil lift to keep it under 3".

With that out there, do some searching (here for some great Evo leveling kit, and on other sites for more pics) of the Evo leveling kit, along with the Rancho Sport 2" kit.

Both offer a 2" coil up front, and a rear spacer. Both will allow for 33s without any issues, and 35s with some trimming or bump stops.

With your choice of shocks, both will come in well under your $1k budget.

And with all that said, remember that only a spacer lift will keep your stock ride from the coils, and is the only way to guarantee a certain lift amount. Anything that involves a spring replacement is going to be a bit more risky there.

Scubasteve91

2.5" Lift Kit Ideas

~3" but I haven't disconnected the front when off-roading (the terrain didn't require it to). With this lift it advertises 2.5" to compensate for settling if the owner chooses to run heavy aftermarket bumpers or winches....

Okay perfect. I think I made up my mind. I will probably be going with the EVO Leveling kit for now. Then if I get into some gnarly trails and need the articulation more often I will get another kit.

When I had my Subaru I would tune tune tune and not really plan on much going wrong. With the Jeep I want it done correctly the first time. Guess I got a tad more wise.

Also this forum is awesome! Way better than any Subaru forum I was apart of. I'm getting way more help than I expected! All of you guys rock!

Last edited:

Scubasteve91

If you want to run a RK lift with coils, but dont want to do the drive shafts, just get on of their 1.5" kits instead of a 2.5" kit.

without heavy bumpers and extra armor, you should see around 2.5" of lift, and it will probably be about the safest bet for a full coil lift to keep it under 3".

With that out there, do some searching (here for some great Evo leveling kit, and on other sites for more pics) of the Evo leveling kit, along with the Rancho Sport 2" kit.

Both offer a 2" coil up front, and a rear spacer. Both will allow for 33s without any issues, and 35s with some trimming or bump stops.

With your choice of shocks, both will come in well under your $1k budget.

And with all that said, remember that only a spacer lift will keep your stock ride from the coils, and is the only way to guarantee a certain lift amount. Anything that involves a spring replacement is going to be a bit more risky there.

Thank you for your help! Definitely made me come up with a decision.

Jeep2010

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1442076823.897034.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1442076841.620109.jpg

Two door but that's the 2.5" AEV Dualsport lift with 315 tires. Articulation for that size lift is good I feel like.

Scubasteve91

Went to my local off-road store and asked if they had the RK 2.5" Stock mod kit and front drive shafts. Guy looked at me and was like why do you need that drive shaft? I explained and he laughed and was like "Bro you don't need a drive shaft until 4 in lift." I immediately left and will never go back there again.

JakeJK

Went to my local off-road store and asked if they had the RK 2.5" Stock mod kit and front drive shafts. Guy looked at me and was like why do you need that drive shaft? I explained and he laughed and was like "Bro you don't need a drive shaft until 4 in lift." I immediately left and will never go back there again.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] that may be more true on a JKU

TrueBlueEagle

Quick question, with the EVO Leveling kit or Rancho 2" Sport lift - you guys say you can clear 35's with a fender trim. Do you have to put wheel spacers on to prevent the 35 from rubbing inside?

I've been eyeing the Rancho 2" sport lift for a while, but I'd like to upgrade in steps. Budget Boost>Tires>Better lift>Bumpers etc. Mostly I can't afford to do a full-on lift plus afford 35s etc. Figured this way I could gradually improve the jeep while keeping it practical as well.

RockyJk

Quick question, with the EVO Leveling kit or Rancho 2" Sport lift - you guys say you can clear 35's with a fender trim. Do you have to put wheel spacers on to prevent the 35 from rubbing inside?

I've been eyeing the Rancho 2" sport lift for a while, but I'd like to upgrade in steps. Budget Boost>Tires>Better lift>Bumpers etc. Mostly I can't afford to do a full-on lift plus afford 35s etc. Figured this way I could gradually improve the jeep while keeping it practical as well.

If you use stock wheels yes you would have to use wheel spacers

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1437839402.731293.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1437839093.205795.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1436050627.715802.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1436376745.514840.jpg

I don't have any real good pics from the side but you can pretty much see my set up. I run a 2.5 inch teraflex coil spring lift with shock extensions, factory rims, spydertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, 35 12.50 r17 load range e nitto trail grapplers. I was looking at getting 35s as soon as I could once I purchased this jeep. I knew it wouldn't be the absolute last lift kit I wanted because the plan was pro rocks, 40s, dtd, evo lever, etc. So I was obviously going to have to go bigger. I wanted the cheapest lift that was still a "kit" but I was worried about the weight of the jeep so a budget boost was kind of out for me. Least that's what I had/have in my head. It may have been fine. I run the EVO 1/4 pounder front bumper with a 12k pound warn powerplant winch, plan on getting the stinger for the bumper. In back I run the EVO d-rings and fascia plate instead of a bumper. I am going to also run the EVO rear corners and rear tire carrier. Also want to get some Slabs soon. I also have their skid-plates, rocker armor, and rock rails. I have a tuffy deck lid in the back and always carry my tools and recovery gear with me. So I went with the coil lift hoping to avoid spring sag. The teraflex rides a little stiffer to me than factory but doesn't seem to bad. Off road I do feel that the ride is a bit stiff, seemed like it was rougher than the jeeps I was with that were still stock. Better shocks may help it off road. I feel that the front lift is sufficient but that the back is a little low. I may add a 3/4 or one inch spacer in the rear to bring it up some. It just seems to sag some to me. I have thought of trimming my fender flares also to make it look like I have more lift and I believe I rubbed on one of the rear flares on one of the passes in Colorado when we went in July. But I am working on getting the 4 inch Enforcer lift and may have to run the 35s until they wear out or I can afford 37s so I really dont want to trim the fender flares just yet. I think it would look goofy with 35s, 4 inch lift, and flat fenders.

Last edited:

Scubasteve91

View attachment 165168

View attachment 165169

View attachment 165167

View attachment 165166

I don't have any real good pics from the side but you can pretty much see my set up. I run a 2.5 inch teraflex coil spring lift with shock extensions, factory rims, spydertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, 35 12.50 r17 load range e nitto trail grapplers. I was looking at getting 35s as soon as I could once I purchased this jeep. I knew it wouldn't be the absolute last lift kit I wanted because the plan was pro rocks, 40s, dtd, evo lever, etc. So I was obviously going to have to go bigger. I wanted the cheapest lift that was still a "kit" but I was worried about the weight of the jeep so a budget boost was kind of out for me. Least that's what I had/have in my head. It may have been fine. I run the EVO 1/4 pounder front bumper with a 12k pound warn powerplant winch, plan on getting the stinger for the bumper. In back I run the EVO d-rings and fascia plate instead of a bumper. I am going to also run the EVO rear corners and rear tire carrier. Also want to get some Slabs soon. I also have their skid-plates, rocker armor, and rock rails. I have a tuffy deck lid in the back and always carry my tools and recovery gear with me. So I went with the coil lift hoping to avoid spring sag. The teraflex rides a little stiffer to me than factory but doesn't seem to bad. Off road I do feel that the ride is a bit stiff, seemed like it was rougher than the jeeps I was with that were still stock. Better shocks may help it off road. I feel that the front lift is sufficient but that the back is a little low. I may add a 3/4 or one inch spacer in the rear to bring it up some. It just seems to sag some to me. I have thought of trimming my fender flares also to make it look like I have more lift and I believe I rubbed on one of the rear flares on one of the passes in Colorado when we went in July. But I am working on getting the 4 inch Enforcer lift and may have to run the 35s until they wear out or I can afford 37s so I really dont want to trim the fender flares just yet. I think it would look goofy with 35s, 4 inch lift, and flat fenders.

WOW!!! Most detailed post yet! Haha love the rig! You have way more weight than I have so I guess you didn't net that much over what they say you would get. You still running stock ds?

Top Bottom