2.5" Lift?

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
So if I wanted to stay at 33s, a 2" lift or stock would be my best option?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Here is my 2013 with 33s and no lift. Not very feasible for anything but the pavement.
307481_10200797344358710_808224416_n.jpg

And here is the same Jeep with 33s and just a leveling kit. Space between the tires and fender flares looks just right IMO and with the proper bump stops, no rubbing.
IMG_0325.jpg
IMG_0323.jpg

Although a 4 door, here are the same 33s on a my rig with no lift.
IMG_0299.jpg

And the same 33s with a 2.5" lift. In my opinion they look small and dis-proportioned.
IMG_0379.jpg

And finally the same rig with 35s and a 2.5" lift.
IMG_1583.jpg

In my opinion, 2.5" of lift for a 33" tire is too much. A JK's wheel wells swallow even a 35" tire. With a 33 and 2.5" of lift, there is just too much space between the small tire and the flare. With 2.5" of lift, you really need a 35" tire to fill in the space, or it just looks like a weird high 1980's look in my opinion. If it were me in your position, I would stick to a leveling kit with 33s or a 2.5" lift with 35s.

Last edited:

NotaconJKU

IMG_0497.jpg IMG_0542.JPG
2.5in RC lift with the 2.2 shocks,RC 1.25 body lift,RC front sway bar disconnects on 33s. I know people will knock RC but I have had no problems with any of my RC products on my jeep. And yes I have had it off the beaten path. Been on for over year and 10k+ miles so far.

love2wheel

View attachment 235447 View attachment 235448
2.5in RC lift with the 2.2 shocks,RC 1.25 body lift,RC front sway bar disconnects on 33s. I know people will knock RC but I have had no problems with any of my RC products on my jeep. And yes I have had it off the beaten path. Been on for over year and 10k+ miles so far.

I have to agree. I enjoy rc lift. Rides good. On the trails every weekend

Sent from my LGL31L using WAYALIFE mobile app

ChiliDawg

I'm running a Rubicon Express 2.5" coil lift with 35" tires. I think a leveling kit would be all you'd need for 33's, if anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eezybreezy08

I wish I would've measured the front before I changed. I love it. My jeep sits as high as some folks with 3 in lift or so it seems give or take. And it does just fine off road. It was nice what a little $230 leveling kit from evo will do, or however much it was.

AlecJ126

I'm only looking to get a 2.5" lift but I'm not 100% sure on which one to get. I won't be hardcore off-roading but I do plan on taking her off-road. I've looked at mopar, AEV, and Rock Krawler but I'm still stuck. Any ideas?

I'm new to the forum, but feel like I can offer some advice on this one. I was in the same situation as you a couple years back; those were the same 3 lifts I was considering. I ended up with the AEV 2.5 because a local shop near me was running a special on the install price if you bought the lift from them- ended up being a pretty good deal. Anyways, I hated the idea of having geometry correction brackets instead of extended control arms, but it's been a complete non-issue for over 50k miles and it rides like a dream. I can't comment on how it rides compared to a completely stock jeep, since when I bought mine new the dealer for some reason had already installed a "leveling kit" which was really just a couple cheap 2" coil spacers in the front and it kind of rode like shit- definitely rides much better with the AEV kit. Another cool thing about it is that AEV makes 2 separate kits for the 2 and 4 door so you end up with a true 2.5" lift, at least that was my experience. I also ran it with the stock Rubicon tires and spidertrax spacers for a while and I thought it looked pretty good, not too disproportionate, and received compliments all the time.

Top Bottom