2.5 ton tie rod - fusion 4x4

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I run the fusion setup on mine, at least I did on last axle. New ones require something different. It is stout. I have gouged the aluminum a few times but that's because I just ram sh*t with it. It does use the rare parts ends, same as Currie's setup. I'd recommend it to anyone. If u can break or bend solid 1.75" 7075 you deserve an award :)

View attachment 290021

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Hold my beer Cletus!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Aluminum= no flex. Aluminum is much more rigid, and brittle, than most steel. i.e. it will break before it bends. Good for some applications, aluminium's main advantage is less weight not strength.

Sent from my SM-G930T using WAYALIFE mobile app

Aluminum will flex and return to its prior shape unlike most steels. I’d be impressed to see someone break an aluminum tie rod by bending it.

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
Aluminum= no flex. Aluminum is much more rigid, and brittle, than most steel. i.e. it will break before it bends. Good for some applications, aluminium's main advantage is less weight not strength.

Sent from my SM-G930T using WAYALIFE mobile app

That really depends on the grade. 5083 for example is brittle and will crack before it bends but 7075 you can bend past 90 degrees without cracking depending on thickness

jk12blk

Fusion4x4 provides a lifetime warranty. If you bend the TRE or aluminum rod, Dan will replace it. Fusion4x4 also heat treats the TREs unlike Currie. And Currie charges for replacement ends and cartridges last I knew. WFO is legit, but not sure if Trevor provides the same warranty as Fusion4x4.

CarolinaJK

I have their tie rod. I haven’t had a chance to ram it into anything quite yet though. However from the looks of it, if you can bend it, you deserve a medal. Just my 2 cents.

Attachments

• IMG_4439.jpg
    IMG_4439.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 233

SFC_LOPEZ

I just bought the Fusion 4x4 2.5 ton tie rod. This thing is beefy! I can’t imagine ever destroying this thing.

Tmqdoc1

Just a heads up. Anyone running this with the fox ATS stabilizer will need this adapter bolt by synergy. At least with the current clamp.
SKU
SYN-4051-01

Top Bottom