2.5in lift for unlimited sport

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
I appreciate all the input guys! I definitely want to get some bigger tires but budget wise isn't going to happen anytime soon, but still want the lift.

So what I got away from this, I can get away with a budget boost to lift the frame and still run the stock tires with no issue?

Yeah, it will just look funny.

Drdiesel1

Wanting to add a 2.5in lift. Need some advice/ opinions on what lift kit would be the best.

I installed the TerraFlex 2.5 lift on my Rubicon. I reused my stock shocks. The kit comes with shock adapters,
springs and swaybar links. Works good with 35's, but they will rub a little bit. I run my stock tires and wheels
with spacers and it looks decent. I only run my 35's when wheeling with it. I took it to Death Valley with the stock
tires and wheels and had a blast. Here's a shot with the 2.5 lift, spacers and stock wheels and tires.

8S5A1988.jpg

Eezybreezy08

Without changing the tires I say get a leveling kit as well as wheel spacers if you are still running the factory rims. The leveling kit wont make it look too weird with the smaller tires, yet still allow you to run 33s with full fenders or 35s with flat fenders. The wheel spacers just make it look better in my opinion.

Skid plates like Sharkey mentioned would be a good investment also.

Do what this guy says. Evo level or rancho sport. I have them on both jeeps and they look good with 33 or 35. They can both be under 500$

james2003w

I appreciate all the input guys! I definitely want to get some bigger tires but budget wise isn't going to happen anytime soon, but still want the lift.

So what I got away from this, I can get away with a budget boost to lift the frame and still run the stock tires with no issue?

Correct! You'll just have a gap between your wheel and your fender like in the second photo. Probably not as large, but still a noticeable gab

Top Bottom