2 Door DIY Rear Platform

PilotJK

I'm currently researching and getting ideas to build my own rear platform. I have found several videos and write ups for a 4 door. Anyone here has a 2 door DIY platform pics to share? FYI... I'm too cheap to buy a Goose Gear. LOL!

WJCO

Meme King
I'm currently researching and getting ideas to build my own rear platform. I have found several videos and write ups for a 4 door. Anyone here has a 2 door DIY platform pics to share? FYI... I'm too cheap to buy a Goose Gear. LOL!
This thread may help:

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
I had the same thought...and built my own. It was ok. Goose gear was too expensive for what it was, but then I found American Adventure Lab. I bought their stuff because it's aluminum an it's amazing. Much happier with the result.

PilotJK

I had the same thought...and built my own. It was ok. Goose gear was too expensive for what it was, but then I found American Adventure Lab. I bought their stuff because it's aluminum an it's amazing. Much happier with the result.
I was looking American Adventure Lab too. Based on their website's description it requires a sub floor. I removed all my carpets and plastic trim moldings through my the tub.

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
I was looking American Adventure Lab too. Based on their website's description it requires a sub floor. I removed all my carpets and plastic trim moldings through my the tub.
It did not require a subfloor in my JK. Uses the same factory holes as my wooden platform used and then you do 4 nutserts for added support, which were pretty easy overall to do.

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
IMG_5153.jpeg IMG_5433.jpeg

Couple photos of the install just for your info… AAL had actually sent me the wrong plate for one side initially and after scratching my head for an hour and calling them they quickly sent me the right one. Has held up well so far.

IMG_5593.jpeg IMG_5592.jpeg

The Mac tie downs with the metal ends already done are freaking awesome. Holds all my recovery gear snug.

Hope that helps in your decision making!

PilotJK

View attachment 398641 View attachment 398642

Couple photos of the install just for your info… AAL had actually sent me the wrong plate for one side initially and after scratching my head for an hour and calling them they quickly sent me the right one. Has held up well so far.

View attachment 398646 View attachment 398647

The Mac tie downs with the metal ends already done are freaking awesome. Holds all my recovery gear snug.

Hope that helps in your decision making!
Yes! This definitely will work for me.. Thanks!!

lizard pizza

Hoping to build one this week before trip to Moab. 2dr JK with backseat and rear seat belts removed.

I’ll try to post some pics.

Using Superstrut, plywood, and Bedrug material. Platform will be primarily for dog. Camping gear underneath.

Top Bottom