2 Door JK Overland Build with Trailer

Brute

Hooked
Thanks for the input Brute! I liked the Schutte trailer because of how the pop up tent is up on its own frame. Would give me kind of a work space or an area to stack stuff on top.

What I planned was to have a hinged top that I could open as well as having one side acting as like a tailgate so I can have 2 ways to get into the storage area. If I go with the M416 I'll already have a tailgate so that'll work well.

My only issue is having a top strong enough to be open and support the weight of the folded up tent on top.

Also I was trying to figure out what to do about a water tank so mounting it underneath would be great! Might put that and a small fuel tank on the front to keep a little weight on the tongue no matter how I pack it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I'll be in Seattle in two weeks...I'll take some pics of the top and frame for the rooftop tent for you

WR_Outlander

Project of the day. Got tired of seeing the white behind my fenders. Have some bed liner spray left from my inner fenders so I snatched the slider and fenders and went to work.
IMG_3325.jpg
IMG_3331.jpg IMG_3333.jpg IMG_3337.jpg
IMG_3326.jpg IMG_3327.jpg IMG_3335.jpg IMG_3336.jpg

Last edited:

WR_Outlander

Currently bumperless! Got tired of looking at the faded plastic of my stock rear on a few weeks back so I snatched it off. And now this week, after a month of waiting someone finally decided to buy my Black Mountain front bumper. Now the wait begins for my new Ace Engineering setup. Pro Series rear with tire carrier as well as the Expedition Series front with a bull bar.
IMG_3435.jpg
After that comes a hood louvre and a winch.

I'm beginning to look at axles as well. Hoping to get some with ARB lockers already in them. But that's a good ways and a lot of dollars down the road.

WR_Outlander

Well here's my first post in a while!

Started kind of late so I only got the front of it done but I've decided to replace my back seats with a handy little storage compartment! IMG_1478.jpg
My plan here is to have 3 drawers in total. It will be level with the body so that when I remove the hard top you won't have anything popping up over the sides. The back end will be sloped so that the front seats can still lay back, gotta keep the ol' lady comfortable, and have a henge on it so I can keep my recover tools in that section. The cabinets should end up being about a foot and a half deep. I drew it all out before hand but as I started building things changed haha! Stay tuned for the updates, should be coming soon.

WJCO

Meme King
Well here's my first post in a while!

Started kind of late so I only got the front of it done but I've decided to replace my back seats with a handy little storage compartment! View attachment 266853
My plan here is to have 3 drawers in total. It will be level with the body so that when I remove the hard top you won't have anything popping up over the sides. The back end will be sloped so that the front seats can still lay back, gotta keep the ol' lady comfortable, and have a henge on it so I can keep my recover tools in that section. The cabinets should end up being about a foot and a half deep. I drew it all out before hand but as I started building things changed haha! Stay tuned for the updates, should be coming soon.

Looks like a good start. :thumb:

WR_Outlander

Well, 2 days later and I've made a lot of progress. Forgot to take pictures except for my Snapchat so that's all I've got. IMG_1495.jpg IMG_1494.jpg IMG_1493.jpg
Now all that's left it to cover it, paint it, and add the faces to the drawers. Should finish tomorrow. Would do it right now but I'd much rather be in the AC with some sweet tea instead of outside working in the 100 degrees weather.

rl206

Looks good! I have debated ditching my rear seats and doing something somewhat like that. I have the 4 door but would be cool. Maybe when I have a garage of my own.

WR_Outlander

View attachment 267299
Well here she is folks. Ended up ditching the slanted back so I can add some small, open compartments I can reach from the seats and a trash can. Gonna finish that sometime in the tire because I can just attach it later. Tool box liner on the inside of the drawers to quiet it down a little. Letting the liquid nail on the faces cure really good before I go filling it with all the crap I keep with me all the time. Overall ended up only costing about $150 for the whole things so not bad at all.

WR_Outlander

View attachment 267299
Well here she is folks. Ended up ditching the slanted back so I can add some small, open compartments I can reach from the seats and a trash can. Gonna finish that sometime in the tire because I can just attach it later. Tool box liner on the inside of the drawers to quiet it down a little. Letting the liquid nail on the faces cure really good before I go filling it with all the crap I keep with me all the time. Overall ended up only costing about $150 for the whole things so not bad at all.

IMG_1504.jpg

Top Bottom