2 door seat won't fold forward

cmireles

I turned my seat around to watch my girlfriends volleyball game from the trunk the other day and then returned it to normal after the game. Now the back rest will fold down but the seat will not unlatch and roll forward like it's supposed to. All the latches are lined up correctly and nothing is in the way to jam the mechanisms. The carpet has been pulled as well. Any ideas why this is happening?

gtony12

Caught the Bug
I had an issue sounds about the same. There are two thing I did to make it work.

1.) Fold down the back rest then push down on the back of seat and at same time squeeze the bar to unlock.
2.) Fold down the back rest then grab bar below and pull back on seat bar as hard as you can then squeeze the bar.

Hopefully that will do the trick. Please let us know if does or doesn't.:beer: I never had the issue again! :yup:

Brankz

I turned my seat around to watch my girlfriends volleyball game from the trunk the other day and then returned it to normal after the game. Now the back rest will fold down but the seat will not unlatch and roll forward like it's supposed to. All the latches are lined up correctly and nothing is in the way to jam the mechanisms. The carpet has been pulled as well. Any ideas why this is happening?

Not a truck is a jeep!!!!!!

cmireles

I had an issue sounds about the same. There are two thing I did to make it work.

1.) Fold down the back rest then push down on the back of seat and at same time squeeze the bar to unlock.
2.) Fold down the back rest then grab bar below and pull back on seat bar as hard as you can then squeeze the bar.

Hopefully that will do the trick. Please let us know if does or doesn't.:beer: I never had the issue again! :yup:

Going to try right now...

cmireles

The seat won't budge. Guess it's time for a dealership trip. Unless anyone else has had this problem and got it resolved?

JKbrick

Mine was latched to the wrong loops in the floor and was jambed the first time I tried to remove it. I had to pile drive it with my shoulder to get it un jambed

Daynemanchester

I had a similar problem. Tried everything even involving a large cheater pipe. I finally ended up taking it to the dealership. Well after 4 hours of sitting there they came out and said well...we had to use a cutting torch. Before my jaw could drop they skidding worry we skinned the leather off first lol. What they ended up saying was the the cables had broke and they just had to order new ones. No biggie at all.

Sent from my VK810 4G using WAYALIFE mobile app

cmireles

I had a similar problem. Tried everything even involving a large cheater pipe. I finally ended up taking it to the dealership. Well after 4 hours of sitting there they came out and said well...we had to use a cutting torch. Before my jaw could drop they skidding worry we skinned the leather off first lol. What they ended up saying was the the cables had broke and they just had to order new ones. No biggie at all.

Sent from my VK810 4G using WAYALIFE mobile app

How much did the dealership charge you for them to do it?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
That happened to my seat when I bought the jeep. Brought it in and they replaced the latch on it and it's worked since then.

cmireles

Reviving a very old thread here in the hopes that this might help someone someday. I tore the seat apart and it turns out there are 4 cables originating from the lever on the top of the seat. When the lever is pulled, the first 2 cables allow the seat to fold forward, and as the seat completely folds down, the second 2 cables are pulled tight to release the rear floor latches. MY issue was that the the small piece of metal that connected driver side latch to the cable broke in two. Unfortunately, it looks like the only fix will be to get the part from the dealership, which I am unsure of whether they sell just the cable or if they will make be replace the whole latch like overlander. In the meantime, my temporary fix was to simply release the latch by hand and unbolt/remove it from the seat altogether.

And yes, I did procrastinate on this issue for almost a full two years [emoji106]🏻

JKbrick

Reviving a very old thread here in the hopes that this might help someone someday. I tore the seat apart and it turns out there are 4 cables originating from the lever on the top of the seat. When the lever is pulled, the first 2 cables allow the seat to fold forward, and as the seat completely folds down, the second 2 cables are pulled tight to release the rear floor latches. MY issue was that the the small piece of metal that connected driver side latch to the cable broke in two. Unfortunately, it looks like the only fix will be to get the part from the dealership, which I am unsure of whether they sell just the cable or if they will make be replace the whole latch like overlander. In the meantime, my temporary fix was to simply release the latch by hand and unbolt/remove it from the seat altogether.

And yes, I did procrastinate on this issue for almost a full two years [emoji106]🏻

Always funny to see an old thread with the old names that got all butt hurt and left crying

Top Bottom