2008 3.8 motor swap with 2007 3.8 motor?

Regardless of the mileage of the motor, does anyone actually know the differences between the 2007 and 2008-2011 engines?

I'm curious and it could be helpful to the OP (or anyone else) if he finds a low mileage 2007 engine.

On a somewhat related note, in states that follow California's emissions rules the donor engine must be from the same year or newer as the original engine. For me in Colorado (since we're going to California's rules soon), I wouldn't be able to put a 2007 engine into my 2009 JK (there might be exceptions if it's a direct replacement engine for the same make/model, but I wouldn't count on it).

rumblebee3

Caught the Bug
As mentioned, for the price, the time, and the mileage that motor and tranny isn’t worth it. Your better off finding something with less mileage for a little more money
Thank you and I'm actually pursuing a different motor and transmission as we speak.... agree with everyone it's too much money and hassle to try and hope it works and still has tons of miles on it.

Already been in contact with the Craigslist ad Fiend sent me. Working out shipping details now

Sent from my moto z4 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom