2008 jeep jk oil leak

Hohertz

i ask cause maybe there was just some oil that spilled out when doing it. as wayalife said check the torque on your bolts and clean up all the grease on the motor with some simple green. this will hopefully help you fix it but also if it doesn come back allow you to lcate the source of the leak better

I'll try this also. Thanks!

JeepDrum

My '08 has a similar leak. I thought it was coming from the oil pan seal but I can see oil higher than that. I have heard that it could be a rear main seal and many other possibilities. It doesn't leak enough to drip and it really doesn't seem to bother much. I check my oil levels often and it doesnt seem to make much of a difference. Honestly, I crawl under and look at every couple weeks but I haven't made the time to check it out much further.

Hohertz

I have not. I'll check them this evening. From the link to project-jk above I found the oil pan bolts to be torqued only to roughly 10 ft/lbs (105 in/lbs). Is that right? Are there other bolts I should check? Thanks again!

Anyone know what torque the oil pan bolts are supposed to be torqued to??? Many thanks!

JeepDrum

Anyone know what torque the oil pan bolts are supposed to be torqued to??? Many thanks!
Yeah the only thing I can find is the 105 in. lbs. It seems like a small amount but there are several bolts holding it on so that could be right. Theres an aluminum spacer in there so maybe it can't handle too much torque. I'm by no means a mechanic or engineer though.

Top Bottom