2008 JK Rubicon Infinity amplifier delete!

Wethy

Thanks for the reply, now we are getting somewhere. Do I have to run just the new speaker wires? Does the factory amp has to be completely disconnected?. I want to power my 4 speakers with the new head unit.
Lets figure out a few things first.
Generally speaking woth car audio youll need to look at the system all together.

What head unit are you using?

Are you using the factory speakers in the dash and the roll bar or have you chnaged them out?

You said your sub is dedicated currently. What type of sub and amp do you have? Is ita single channel(monoblock) 2, 4 or 5 channel?
All of these things matter.

If your going to use factory speakers, this is honestly not much point in amping them dedicated as its a lot of extra work for very little to no reward. The design of the OEM speakers are not good. Tiny magnet, thin cone, and overall i dont think youll achieve the desired results.

If your going to/have upgraded then its a different story.

Then head unit comes in. Does it have outputs for all five channels? If not it becomings splitting the rear/sub to run more cabling.

And so on and so forth.

But firstly what rear sub and amp do you have, what headunit and what other speakers will you be using?

Your replies have nothing to do with my question. I know about ohm's and rms watts. If you don't have an answer to my original post don't reply again. Thanks

No I really think you don't, as you cant figure out how to directly wire speakers to a headunit. Then you claim you're trying to improve the sound quality and you're about to run 2 ohm speakers that were paired with a matched amplifier on aftermarket 4 ohm rated headunit. You'll find out why that's not recommended, and per your request I wont reply to you anymore chief. Good luck.

Canbus sucks and it’s shit and I can’t say enough bad things about it. I just woke up or I could think of something worse I’m sure

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Cant imagine why you'd dislike it so much Brick... :D ;) Its doing such a good job making sure your mileage stays low.

Primo82

Caught the Bug
Thanks for the reply, now we are getting somewhere. Do I have to run just the new speaker wires? Does the factory amp has to be completely disconnected?. I want to power my 4 speakers with the new head unit.

To answer your question here, yes. You'll have to run new speaker wire. Either from the head unit over to where the old amp was (and tie into the speaker wires coming out of that to your factory speakers). Or rewire from the head unit completely to the speakers themselves.

Top Bottom