2010 JKU shifter cable bushings

Red Knight15

Caught the Bug
Transfer case shifter bushing are gone and my local dealer wants to sell me a complete cable, imagine that. He said they don't list the part number for bushing but he has some 2 styles laying around if I had a old one to match it to.
My question is are the transmission cable bushings the same as the transfer case cable ? My transmission one is still good I could take it out and compare.

DP1120

Im not sure about the trans shifter bushing but i know the one on both ends of the transfer case are the same one. You could pull the one off the other end if it is still good to compare. I had also seen a thread somewhere that gave the PN for the correct bushing. If i can find it i will link you to it.

Thanks
Derek

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
A large zip tie also works. [emoji106]

I got tired of them breaking all the time and was trying to save money for the advance adapters replacement cable, which I've heard is awesome. So I put a zip tie or two on it and never had another problem.

Red Knight15

Caught the Bug

I got tired of them breaking all the time and was trying to save money for the advance adapters replacement cable, which I've heard is awesome. So I put a zip tie or two on it and never had another problem.

Cool, may give it a try

Sullivan

I think they are all the same bushings. I keep a few in the jeep for emergency times. I've lost a bushing and so have a couple buddies on the trail. I'll go look at get the part number.

Stotch

Caught the Bug

I did the same thing! Temporarily though; I ordered some online.

TCcable.jpg

Glad you guys got it figured out!

JS-CHLLN

That is the correct number, dealership had them. But wasn't listed in their data base, parts manager knew what I needed and had a bag full. [emoji106] View attachment 222908

What was the price at the dealership, looking online to order a bunch, but prices all over the place ranging from 1.50 to 10.00 a piece. it just may be easier to go to the dealership.

Thanks

Top Bottom