2012 3:21 with 35" chime in

gtony12

Caught the Bug
I've been running this setup for 10k miles and have zero complaints. I won't touch my gears till I get the money to go up to 37s. I drive 25 miles each way to work.

Did you see a big change in gas mileage. I know its a jeep but still wondering. .:confused:

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

flotto

Did you see a big change in gas mileage. I know its a jeep but still wondering. .:confused:

couple miles per gallon. I'm mostly highway each way to and from work and I usually get 15.5-16.0 mpg. I don't live in the flattest area either though.

SoCalDozer

I am getting 17-18 with my 33's and 3.21's. I want 35's but i dont like going in low range for pretty much anything offroad which would be even worse with 35's.
I would do it if i were planning on upgrading the gears within a few months.

gtony12

Caught the Bug
I am looking st 295/70/r18 measure to near 34.6 or 34.8 go between 33 and 35. :banghead:

Beyrgut

I get 13.5-15.5 mpgs with 35s and 3:21s. The loss of power and bad shifting I get pretty much bumped the regear to being the next major upgrade instead of the winch as originally planned.

JK-JOHN-E

Recap, got the 35's installed and used a Superchips FlashCal to reprogram the speedo and automatic shift points. granted, I live in Florida and most of my travel is flat road, but the vehicle almost seems more responsive since using the FlashCal.:idontknow: I made sure to measure the actual height of the 35's which was 33.5":thinking: will update when I take it off road and on some grades and obstacles:brows:

gtony12

Caught the Bug
Cool thank you for the updates. I am getting ready to buy tires and all the help from every one has been a great help in my decision. Not to many places you can go and actually get real world advice , if that makes sense. :thumbup:

JK-JOHN-E

MPG only seems to have gone down by just over 1 mpg. was getting 17 and now 15.8. Well worth it for the new look of my BLACKED OUT JK

mrjosh

I was running 35s with 3.21 on a 2013 JKU Auto and it was ok. Mileage wasn't too bad on the freeway if there weren't any strong winds and the trans would stay in 5th. I averaged 15ish mixed and maybe 19 if I drove about 60-65 on the freeway and it was flat. Hills would drop the mpg back down to 15. As of last week, I have since regeared to 4.88 and I must say I am happy I did it. Transmission shifts quicker and is no longer trying to hold on to the gears longer than it needs to. I should have done it much sooner and I can say the Jeep is now much more responsive on the road. I had the work done at ORE and thumbs up to Drew for taking care of me.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 4

gtony12

Caught the Bug
I'm running the same 3.21 and my 35's are getting ready to be installed on Saturday. Gonna use Superchips flashcal. I we let you know how it works next week. Wish I had the funds to add the gears now.:standing wave:

Jk-john

How's your 35's wanted to see how it turned out:) add some picts

Marauder

It was a dog with 35's and 3.21 gears. Much better with 4.88's. It has a lot more balls now and climbs like a badass.

Rottenbelly

Gears seem to be the most overlooked upgrade out there. But probably IMO one of the best things you can do for your jeep if your gonna run bigger tires.

Top Bottom