2012 3.6L Engine Ticking Noise HELP! Insight!!

WJCO

Meme King
I'm not even so upset with the non-warranty thing now. Figure I'll just keep driving it and if it happens again before the 150,000 mile warranty expires great. If it doesn't and it happens after the fact I'll just look at getting a new engine I love my JKU too much to give up on it. Most of my frustration out goes towards the dealership I wouldn't bother to take the rental car why would I want to pay for a rental car if it's not under warranty I would've had my wife's car to drive around. Understand the diagnostics fee almost willing to pay that just not the extra couple hundred dollars for the rental car. I felt like I they gave me the rental car under the description of it all being covered under warranty. I don't know, at the end of the day I could have far bigger problems to worry about it's not that big a deal just feel let down by the dealership that I've done a lot of business with and bought all my vehicles from. Maybe I'm in the wrong not looking for a handout just looking for what I thought and felt would be fair.

I agree with you there. They should have been more up front from the beginning with potential costs. I would at least attempt talking to the general manager there.

TheFett

I agree with you there. They should have been more up front from the beginning with potential costs. I would at least attempt talking to the general manager there.

Alright so update here. The engine light is back on and heading back into the dealership. I am going back to the same dealership mainly because and thanks WJCO for the advice. I talked with the general manager who got the service manager involved. They credited me back for the rental car, they also credited back the diagnostic fee and gave me 2 complimentary oil changes. I'd have to say at least the higher ups at the dealership stepped up. They even said this time when it comes in they will get me another rental car and there will be no diagnostic fee even if they cannot get it under warranty again I would have no charges!

So let that be a lesson guys. Not ALL dealerships are bad, but WJCO is right. Get the right people involved. ALSO while I was talking with the GM and Service Manager I kept a calm cool tone and didn't get upset or demanding or yelling. So I think or at least I feel that keeping your cool informer of the people too can help go a long way as well.

Thanks again WJCO, and the members here.....another example of why I love my Jeep and this forum!

OhNoTheJiggies

Alright so update here. The engine light is back on and heading back into the dealership. I am going back to the same dealership mainly because and thanks WJCO for the advice. I talked with the general manager who got the service manager involved. They credited me back for the rental car, they also credited back the diagnostic fee and gave me 2 complimentary oil changes. I'd have to say at least the higher ups at the dealership stepped up. They even said this time when it comes in they will get me another rental car and there will be no diagnostic fee even if they cannot get it under warranty again I would have no charges!

So let that be a lesson guys. Not ALL dealerships are bad, but WJCO is right. Get the right people involved. ALSO while I was talking with the GM and Service Manager I kept a calm cool tone and didn't get upset or demanding or yelling. So I think or at least I feel that keeping your cool informer of the people too can help go a long way as well.

Thanks again WJCO, and the members here.....another example of why I love my Jeep and this forum!

So what's the word? Did everything pan out and get fixed without you having to pay for it? Sucks that you had to go through all of this stuff! Hope that you got it all worked out.

WJCO

Meme King

I must have missed this post. Glad to have helped. And glad to hear that they at least made an attempt to take care of your issue. Hope it panned out well in the end.

Top Bottom