2012 Check Engine Code

JeepJeep75

Bit of a newb question here: what is the sequence to get my 2015 JKUR with manual transmission to show any codes? I haven't had any yet, but I would like to know how to retrieve them. Thank you all in advance!! 😬👍

Wethy

Bit of a newb question here: what is the sequence to get my 2015 JKUR with manual transmission to show any codes? I haven't had any yet, but I would like to know how to retrieve them. Thank you all in advance!! 

Mine is also a manual.

same as previous turn to on, then in quick succession one click back to the "accessory" and repeat 3 times fast. then leave in the on position without the motor running.

mines a 14 manual. no codes but you can do it anytime and it'll just blink "done" then back to normal readings

Is there a way to upload a video on this thread? I want to film me doing this and show how it doesn't work on my jeep. I know what everyone is talking about because I used to check the codes on my Dakota the same way.

JeepJeep75

Is there a way to upload a video on this thread? I want to film me doing this and show how it doesn't work on my jeep. I know what everyone is talking about because I used to check the codes on my Dakota the same way.

I think to do a vid you gotta post it to YouTube then link it here? I haven't tried to post a vid yet.

I just watched a video on YouTube. Didn't realize I had to turn it back and forth that fast! Holy crap, but it worked. Except it doesn't show any codes. Just the dashes than done. Now I'm even more confused....

JeepJeep75

Thanks Wethy. My '15 works exactly as you described. I did a quick check, all the dash lights come on then one-by-one they all go out, then it says "done".

Now my check engine light just went back off. I guess it was the gas cap. 

Wanted to follow up on this issue. My check engine light is on but when I do the key thing, it always does the "---done---" but doesn't show any codes. I plugged in my FlashCal and it gave me three codes:

P0128 Thermostat Rationality
P0300 Multiple Cylinder Misfire
B2304 Wiper Park Switch Input Circuit Low (Stuck Low)

Why would the key trick not show these codes but yet the light is on? I don't think I can trust the Key trick in my Jeep.

Top Bottom