2012 wrangler front and rear diff. Dana 30 and 44

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
I know this has been written already but I can't seem to find the thread. My question is on the vent for the front and rear differential. My vents on the diff have a rubber slip on cap on them and not a hose. Is this something someone has seen possibly after a lift? The jeep has been lifted since 2012 and I just noticed the caps. They seem to be giving me no issues as they sit now. Should this be a concern? I have seen other jeeps that have an actual vent hose running above the diff in some way. I'm just wondering should I run a hose as well?

There's more than one way to skin a cat. Have you got a photo of the caps? Do they look like they can expand and contract? If so you don't need a hose as the diff is fully sealed

10abadilla/jk

There's more than one way to skin a cat. Have you got a photo of the caps? Do they look like they can expand and contract? If so you don't need a hose as the diff is fully sealed

I'll take a pic later I don't have one at the moment but I definitely would like the information.

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
What would be a reason not to add a truss? And thank you for the info.

From my understanding, a lot of times your axle ends up bending because of the welding, regardless of how good the guy welding is. Based on that, I wouldn't want to spend money on something that ends up causing the issue I'm trying to prevent. The real problem is your axle C's and with some gussets you can cheaply solve that.

10abadilla/jk

From my understanding, a lot of times your axle ends up bending because of the welding, regardless of how good the guy welding is. Based on that, I wouldn't want to spend money on something that ends up causing the issue I'm trying to prevent. The real problem is your axle C's and with some gussets you can cheaply solve that.

Awesome Thank you for that. I almost had them installed today after work. I am getting the gussets still. Possibly weld the axel tubes to the diff housing also

10abadilla/jk

As far as gussets what would be a better one to install. I ordered synergy but I was looking today and saw the teraflex ones and the artec.

TennJK

As far as gussets what would be a better one to install. I ordered synergy but I was looking today and saw the teraflex ones and the artec.

I went with the EVO gussets. I personally have lost all interest in teraflex products. But I would imagine that there's not too big of a difference between companies. I just prefer things that were made in the USA

10abadilla/jk

I went with the EVO gussets. I personally have lost all interest in teraflex products. But I would imagine that there's not too big of a difference between companies. I just prefer things that were made in the USA

How do you like the evo ones. And as far as install how did they weld on. Do the seams come pre welded? And would you know how thick the metal is and what metal it is. The synergy ones I ordered are 3/16 high strength carbon steel. The artec ones are 1/4 mild steel. The Tera flex ones seem really thick I don't know the specs on those. Anyways I'm just wondering what would be the stronger one. Or do they all pretty much withstand and protect to the same extent?

TennJK

How do you like the evo ones. And as far as install how did they weld on. Do the seams come pre welded? And would you know how thick the metal is and what metal it is. The synergy ones I ordered are 3/16 high strength carbon steel. The artec ones are 1/4 mild steel. The Tera flex ones seem really thick I don't know the specs on those. Anyways I'm just wondering what would be the stronger one. Or do they all pretty much withstand and protect to the same extent?

I like them, but not 100% sure about the welding because unfortunately I am not a welder. I had the guy doing my gears burn them on. But as for the specs, they are 3/16 carbon steel. They all seem to be very close, especially the synergy compared to the EVO. I think you'll be fine with either.

10abadilla/jk

I like them, but not 100% sure about the welding because unfortunately I am not a welder. I had the guy doing my gears burn them on. But as for the specs, they are 3/16 carbon steel. They all seem to be very close, especially the synergy compared to the EVO. I think you'll be fine with either.

Thank you.

Top Bottom