2013 JK No Heat issues / Coolant Issues

TomDabb

Disconnect the heater core after the two aluminum pipes under the hood and clues to the fire wall.
Reverse flush and filter the sentiment through a towel saving the coolant.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Andrew

I lost heat just like you after not using it for quite some time.it was actuator door on driver side. Just had to unplug it and plug it back in and it reset and started working again. It's happened twice now in two years.

Sent from my Pixel XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

cappytanjack

2013 JK No Heat issues/Coolant issues

I followed Andrew's advice and used an extended length flat (common) screw driver after removing the two covers (plastic and steel) below the steering wheel and popped the connector off the blend door actuator and then reconnected it. For whatever reason that acts like a reset and the blend door actuator is working once again. This simple fix turns a cold Canadian winter into a much more toasty drive for the 5 coldest months of the year.

Cappytanjack

dstock

Bringing back an old thread -

So if the fan is blowing on the floor both sides, and both pipes to the heater core are too hot to touch, could it still be a clogged heater core?

Everything appears to be operating normally other then the fact that the air never gets hot.

TIA

dstock

Bringing back an old thread -

So if the fan is blowing on the floor both sides, and both pipes to the heater core are too hot to touch, could it still be a clogged heater core?

Everything appears to be operating normally other then the fact that the air never gets hot.

TIA

Nevermind....blend door is NOT working...will start there.

Top Bottom