2013 JKU front hubs

thedrflaminco

A hub bearing/unit bearing doesn't always have to have "play" in it to mean its going bad. I was a state inspection mechanic in Pennsylvania for many years and have experienced a lot of loud, noisy bearings that aren't necessarily broken but I always recommended the customer have them replaced sooner rather than later. Excessive bearing noise usually relates to excessive heat build up in the bearing and will continue to break down the integrity of the bearing internally. My advice, just change them. Its an easy job and shouldn't take more than an hour total.

Last edited:

TomDabb

Thanks the drfaminco for the advise - but there’s no noise other than tires meeting the pavement.
I still plan to stop back as soon as I get a break and have the mechanic show me.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

thedrflaminco

Thanks the drfaminco for the advise - but there’s no noise other than tired meeting the pavement.
I still plan to stop back as soon as I get a break and have the mechanic show me.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I should have said in my original post that the inverse can also be true. A bearing can have play but also not make any noise. Both of these conditions are common. Sorry about that.

Top Bottom