2013 Rubicon Build!

Clarker

do you have any pics of the audio setup, like the sub location and where you put he amp and such

I'll try to take some pics of the audio install this weekend, but it's going to be tough because my intent was for things to appear as stock as possible - I have the top down alot and didn't want to attract attention! ;)
The JL component drivers are in the dash and the soundbar drivers use the stock grill covers. The fron tweeters are in the stock location behind the stock grills, the rear tweeters are the only "non-stock" appearing speaker, and their pretty small. The amp and the LC7 are mounted under the passenger seat using one of those aluminum brackets a guys sells on e-bay. The sub mounts on the right side of the cargo area. It required removing the stock Alpine enclosure and order two "non-Alpine" trim pieces from Mopar. If you search the JL Audio site for Stealth Box, they have pics of the one for a Jeep Wrangler.

Clarker

looks too clean go out and get that thing dirty! :rock: good call on the KM2s love mine! :thumb:

Really want to get it dirty, just can't get the time. Taking it to the Outer Banks in August, but that doesn't count. I really want to try and figure away to get out to Rausch Creek in Pennsylvania

KPM171

Stereo upgrades are in!
Retained factory 730 HU
AudioControl LC7-1
JL Audio 900/5 Amp
JL Audio C5-650 component speakers in the front and the sound bar
JL Audio 13" Stealthbox sub

This sounds fantastic! Would love to see some pix of the install.

Clarker

This sounds fantastic! Would love to see some pix of the install.

I'm really happy with the way it turned out......the stock setup was all but useless with the top down on the highway, now I can actually hear it......and it isn't fatiguing on the ears! :)
If I was to do it again, I probably wouldn't have ordered the 730 factory upgrade and just went with a aftermarket Kenwood or Alpine headunit with these speakers/amp/sub.

Top Bottom