2013 Won't crank

Baker

See if you have another relay that is similar or identical to the starter relay. Swap them with each other. See if symptom goes away. Also, commonly on these fuse boxes (TIPMs) they have internal issues. I would wiggle it, wiggle the harness, etc. Try and see if you may have an intermittent open or short.
Yeah i read that the TIPM have alot of problems so i disconnect the two main harness going in and clean the power terminal to it and it still same symptoms. I have used the hvac relay (same relay) and i know its good and still the same symptoms.

WJCO

Meme King
So you have power coming out of the relay as well, but somewhere between relay and starter, there is an open circuit? Any signs of a inline fusible link near the starter wire that you could check?

bigcale

Caught the Bug
Odd coincidence, the same thing happened to me when I stopped for some coffee on Sunday.

I have a manual though, so just push started it and it fired right up.. Bad news is it sounds like the gear on my starter is still engaged on the flywheel so there is a pronounced whining sound when it is running. It will start now but the sound won't go away.

Ordered a starter and will be replacing it Saturday.

Baker

So you have power coming out of the relay as well, but somewhere between relay and starter, there is an open circuit? Any signs of a inline fusible link near the starter wire that you could check?

So the relay is good but i check the spot on the TIPM where that relay goes and the number 30 terminal is hot but doesnt send power to the 85 terminal to switch the relay over.

WJCO

Meme King
So the relay is good but i check the spot on the TIPM where that relay goes and the number 30 terminal is hot but doesnt send power to the 85 terminal to switch the relay over.

Any way to do a temporary jumper wire or something to verify it fixes your problem?

Top Bottom