2014 JKU Sport Build

Greenmachine14

Congrats on the New Addition to the Family!

Congrats on the baby! Jeep is looking great!

Wow, I'm not sure how I missed this thread, especially since you're just an hour or so north of me. First of all, congratulations on the baby! I remember what it was like to be at the starting line, where you are now, but my kid is going on 14 now and likes nothing more than to drive my Jeep when off road. Second, your Jeep is looking great! I always liked that color and the fact that you are building bumpers and doing all the work yourself; man, my hats off to you! Now table this stuff and spend time with that baby. It's unbelievable how quickly this time will slip away!

Thanks guys it has been an awesome experience so far. I had the whole week off from work to spend time with the wife and baby and have been slowly working on the bumper when they both are sleeping. Managed to make a bit of progress on it today.

I bought $50 in scrap metal and about $20 in cutoff wheels and flap discs for my angle grinder so it's a pretty cheap way to get a bumper. If I put in a value for my time I'm probably not coming out ahead of buying one but I enjoy building stuff in my free time so it works for me.

Attachments

• 1473046795135.jpg
    1473046795135.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 108
  • 1473046820136.jpg
    1473046820136.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 110

Napalm

Thanks guys it has been an awesome experience so far. I had the whole week off from work to spend time with the wife and baby and have been slowly working on the bumper when they both are sleeping. Managed to make a bit of progress on it today.

I bought $50 in scrap metal and about $20 in cutoff wheels and flap discs for my angle grinder so it's a pretty cheap way to get a bumper. If I put in a value for my time I'm probably not coming out ahead of buying one but I enjoy building stuff in my free time so it works for me.

Looks great. Great job!

Greenmachine14

Bumper looks great! I know the therapeutic feeling of building my own stuff too!

Subscribed it's looking good

Thanks guys!

I know it's not very exciting but I got some d ring mounts for the bumper build today off of an eBay seller. Pretty happy with the quality of them really nicely machined and super fast shipping. Hoping to get some time tomorrow or Saturday to get some time in on the bumper. Plan is to get it welded out and painted this weekend.

Attachments

• 1473393198799.jpg
    1473393198799.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 61

Greenmachine14

So this weekend finally got my gas bottle refilled and was set to weld up the bumper with my brand new Hobart 190 mig welder. Had been tacking it together with flux core wire and was excited to try it out with gas hookup. I'm not getting any shielding gas to the weld and having all kinds of porosity so no progress on the bumper. Working with Hobart to figure it out now.

But am wanting a wayalife windshield banner what's everyone's thoughts on a color? I'm thinking a silver would look best on a copperhead jeep but not sure?

Top Bottom