2014 JKUS overdrive?

trailless

Caught the Bug
On the 13s and 14s...if you are in 4th at 50mph, and then slow down to 5, the jeep will automatically lock it in whatever lowest gear it hit, in this case, 1st. Stupid as hell and annoying.

On my precious car, VW GTI, it was the same way. Wouldn't it make more sense though? I want it to act like a true standard.

I understand that it downshifts automatically as to not stall and upshifts when you get near redline.

In a standard, it would be the same. You would have to downshift to 1st at 5mph and then row your way back up to 5th, it in this case 6th. Anyways, its been that way with any car I've driven with tap shift. The vehicles range from Mercedes, Hyundai's, Hondas, Acura's, BMWs, VWs. However, none of those were truck based.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
On my precious car, VW GTI, it was the same way. Wouldn't it make more sense though? I want it to act like a true standard.

I understand that it downshifts automatically as to not stall and upshifts when you get near redline.

In a standard, it would be the same. You would have to downshift to 1st at 5mph and then row your way back up to 5th, it in this case 6th. Anyways, its been that way with any car I've driven with tap shift. The vehicles range from Mercedes, Hyundai's, Hondas, Acura's, BMWs, VWs. However, none of those were truck based.

For where I live, it's stupid. There are plenty of times where Im in "sport mode" :D cruisin and bruisin in 4th...when all of the sudden, in NYC style, traffic will come to a halt for no reason whatsoever. Then, 1/4 later, the traffic is completely gone. I accelerate back up to my assault speed but ZOMG, Im in 1st and have to bump my back BACK to 4th. 2012s didn't do that...it would allow me to get back to the gear I was in before I slowed down and hold that one, but my 14 has transmission down syndrome and the Jeep assumes that I want to cruise at 4mph for the rest of my life. I get your point, that it's trying to act more like a standard, but the fact is, it isn't...and it's just an annoyance IMHO. ;) I'd take the 2012 programming any day over the 14.

trailless

Caught the Bug
I completely understand. If it were a sports car I would prefer the 13+ programming. I can see why some would prefer the 2012 programming with a non sports SUV, the wrangler.

Top Bottom