2015 jku - pinch seam trimming still needed anywhere for 37s?

Is it worth putting the Rubi internals in a new pr44? Wouldn't the shafts still be prone to breaking with 37s?

You can get away with running the factory shafts, but they are prone to a ujoint failure do to the half circle clips. A set of good cromoly shafts cost about $500 and are well worth it. I would highly recommend staying away from a truss because most of the time heating up the housing by welding the truss on will bend the axle before you even wheel it. Save your money and get a pr44 housing, or you can get a fully built pr44 with an arb locker and whatever fear ratio you want to run for about $4500-$5000, and sell your factory 44 for around $1500.

Static83

You can get away with running the factory shafts, but they are prone to a ujoint failure do to the half circle clips. A set of good cromoly shafts cost about $500 and are well worth it. I would highly recommend staying away from a truss because most of the time heating up the housing by welding the truss on will bend the axle before you even wheel it. Save your money and get a pr44 housing, or you can get a fully built pr44 with an arb locker and whatever fear ratio you want to run for about $4500-$5000, and sell your factory 44 for around $1500.

I don't know about "most of the time". Have you seen one actually do this? I've only read it here, and have not seen it happen on any.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heholua

I don't know about "most of the time". Have you seen one actually do this? I've only read it here, and have not seen it happen on any.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you personally put a string line or a straight edge on an axle housing that has had truss system welded on it?

cartertripp

I'm running a 3" Teraflex lift kit with 37" MTRs and needed to cut off my pinch seams. My tires were snag them when I would flex.

Coop

Caught the Bug
I just put on 37 inchNitto Mud Grapplers and had to trim the rear pinch seams. I have a 2015 JKU.

Last edited:

303DAILY

I'm running into some rubbing in the rear before I hit my bumps. I want to trim to get more up travel rather than lengthening the bumps. Does anyone have any pics of there trimming. I would like it to be as clean as possible.

Top Bottom