2016 Jeep Wrangler 6 speed

2qik2see

I’ve got a 2016 Rubicon Jk w/29k and no issues so far. Now that I’ve said it out loud, I’m knocking on some wood. Seriously tho, it’s been great!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

krage00

Same here. Just over 46k on my 2014 JK Rubicon and no issues with the manual transmission. It continues to be a blast driving in town and on trails.

Fury22

My issues of rough shifting didn’t show up until 77K. Still trying to figure this out.

If you haven’t changed your tranny fluid yet I would start there. Many say they are under filled from the factory. I just changed mine myself and seems to be a bit more smooth and less clunky...

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
If you haven’t changed your tranny fluid yet I would start there. Many say they are under filled from the factory. I just changed mine myself and seems to be a bit more smooth and less clunky...

Should have done that 2.5 times already :crazyeyes:

I'm at 65k with my '13 6-speed. Aside from some random rough shifts from 2-3 and into reverse, its been alright. I do try to do slow shifts and let the RPMs match to avoid the rough shifting. Eventually I'll try installing that B&M shifter to remove the sloppiness, but at $500 its not a high priority.

ChopperDoc

I'm at 65k with my '13 6-speed. Aside from some random rough shifts from 2-3 and into reverse, its been alright. I do try to do slow shifts and let the RPMs match to avoid the rough shifting. Eventually I'll try installing that B&M shifter to remove the sloppiness, but at $500 its not a high priority.

I just installed the B&M shifter and installed a centerforce dual friction clutch on 16 JKUR, it is definitely worth the money.

james2003w

I have a 2015 Un-Rubi with a 6speed... it likes to pop out of 1st and third every now and then (when accelerating)... sitting at 97700 miles or so, and I do about 90 miles a day with it (it's my DD)

Knowing that there is a TSB about it popping out of gear makes me want to go yell at the dealer... they always told me, it's because I wasn't clutching right.

As of today, wish I went auto over manual...

WJCO

Meme King
I have a 2015 Un-Rubi with a 6speed... it likes to pop out of 1st and third every now and then (when accelerating)... sitting at 97700 miles or so, and I do about 90 miles a day with it (it's my DD)

Knowing that there is a TSB about it popping out of gear makes me want to go yell at the dealer... they always told me, it's because I wasn't clutching right.

As of today, wish I went auto over manual...

I thought the TSB only applied to earlier years of the JK. May want to call the dealer to find out.

bigcale

Caught the Bug
Closing in on 160K on my 2012 right now. As far as I am aware it is all stock. So far only had it pop out in 3rd twice, and both times on rough roads and it has only been in the last 2 months.

WJCO

Meme King
Closing in on 160K on my 2012 right now. As far as I am aware it is all stock. So far only had it pop out in 3rd twice, and both times on rough roads and it has only been in the last 2 months.

I've seen the way you drive, so your statement says a lot. Everyone else needs to shut the fuck up.

boardsurfer

I've seen the way you drive, so your statement says a lot. Everyone else needs to shut the fuck up.

Lol. Thought I would chime in that mine has never popped out of gear, but Big Ben here is clearly the authority on the matter. :crazyeyes:

GreggNY

41,000 miles on my ‘16 rubi now. No big issues with the clutch aside from the creaking sound when the pedal is pushed in. Replaced the slave cylinder and it was quiet for about 2 days before the noise came back. That was 20,000 miles ago and it’s been the same since

Bustedback

41,000 miles on my ‘16 rubi now. No big issues with the clutch aside from the creaking sound when the pedal is pushed in. Replaced the slave cylinder and it was quiet for about 2 days before the noise came back. That was 20,000 miles ago and it’s been the same since

I replaced the whole clutch assembly except the clutch fork. The wear on the fork wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be because of the noise I was hearing. I greased the pads on the throw out bearing where it rides on the fork, no noise for about a week.

Typed by my very own fat fingers on my iPad or iPhone.

Gbint

Finally got the rough shifting solved. In my quest to remove clutch squeak in bell housing, I removed slave only to find plastic piece at end of slave rod all worn. Popped in a new sleeve and never shifted better!!

ZachJKUR

Thought I might be able to shed some light on the synchro issues. The synchro TSB is due to excessive wear as a result of shifts that do not reach "full travel." I'm not sure about earlier models, but there was a run of 2016 and early 2017 shift towers that causes this. I had my shift tower replaced twice. The first time they just did the synchro, the second time they also replaced the transmission but that seemed to be unnecessary. And due to some sort of time/cost.

As far as the shift tower is concerned, there were apparently some bushings that were out of spec and caused a one of the rods to slop and flex, not moving the forks completely and thus causing the excess wear on the synchros.

Also, don't let the dealers tell you it's because you don't know how to drive a stick. The service writer at the dealer I took mine too gave me that and then proceeded to stall it while pulling it out of the drive through.

Sent from my SM-G960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom