2016 JKURHR soft top questions

ScoobyCarolanNC

Basically if it's under 65 out, expect issues. I ripped a bunch of stitches out stretching the top in the cold. Run it with the heat on recirculating at full blast for 15 minutes to help.

WarriorJeep

I actually ended up running a ceramic heater I stole from under my wifes office desk, left it inside my jeep for oh about 2hrs. While inside the garage too, worked nicely

On a side note, if you bung up the top its covered under warranty

Lastly, not sure about your dealer but mine was happy to install the soft top for me on my 2015 JKURHR, of course they told me after the fact

uberc4

I bought the dual top too. Looks like we had some sort of the same troubles. My Passenger side window seats in a LOT better than the Driver. Ended up saying "eff it" with the driver side window not seating all the way inside the channel. Also, when hooking up the latches, I notice that if I pulled on the side of the fabric where the frame slides into the rail (right above the B pillar), it gave me some slack to latch the top down. Finally figured that out after jamming my thumb on the effing latch.

Jknewbi

Took it back to the dealer for a detail and the coating they put on (forget the name of the coating atm....) the one window wasn't just right when I took it in but they must have corrected it while it was there because it was correct when I picked it up [emoji106].

bouche03

Your biggest issue, as already covered, it attempting to do this in 60 degree temps. Big no no on a brand new top...most will say that you need 70+ degree day and to lay it out in the sun...on my third Jeep now and I waited for a partially sunny day of 70 degrees and it was still a pain. Get the fabric and windows as warm as possible. If you have small heaters that will work, or even heating up the garage if you have a propane gas tank heater will also probably do the trick

Top Bottom