2017 Jeep LED Head Lights

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
Watch what you are comparing. MOPAR sells LEDs for the JK but they are JW speakers that have been slightly modified (they have Jeep molded into them, slight tweaks to other parts to meet OEM specs,etc). MOPAR does not sell the lights that come in the 2017 JK yet. The main reason is antiflicker. In the 2017 JKs there are no antiflicker modules as they simply shut off the PWM in the TIPM. Also tweaked the bulb out currents and other software changes. So they are actually running the way they should be from the factory.

At 595 for LED headlamps and LED fogs that's cheaper than any non Chinese LEDs I've seen. I would not mind switching from my truck lites to the OEM ones except I've grown used to the Vs in my truck lights :)

Sent from my SM-G900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

DiggerJKU

I think most LEDs , even Chinese eBay stuff, beat out the stock lights. Quality/reliability is another story. To me I feel you can get a much improved LED HL for less than $800. I like the fact jeep has them working great right out of the factory though. A touch of modern in the JKs is always a plus

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

shortyokc

i currently have the jw speaker 8700 evolution j and have been great until a month ago. they lasted right at 10 months and 1 started to have issues shutting off and on, sometimes it would would delay 10 to 20 sec before it turned on. i swapped lights l to r and followed light. installed factory lights and had no issues. contacted jw speaker and got no response at all by email or phone. i contacted who i purchased them from and they worked hard to get them warrantied but they also said they were having communication issues with jw speaker. over a month later i finally got a replacement light. i love their lights and i know there will always be glitches with products especially since it was a new product but their customer support is non existent for the price you pay.

Robertcrav

I found this channel on YouTube, they actually review and test most of aftermarket lights, I haven't seen them test the new KC headlights yet...but cliffs notes version is the JW Speaker and Vision X are the best they test.... besides this video they have individual videos for each of the ones they tested. They also have a similar group for fog light replacements https://youtu.be/XNZT6QqHHOo

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I found that same channel. Very informative. Interesting how some manufacturers gauge their lumens output. I believe Putco to be misleading.

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:
Top Bottom