2020 Corvette Revealed

Seahawkfan

Hooked
I think he’s referring to the classic “coke bottle” shape the corvette has. For 60 years they’ve followed the same general design language of long hood and sweeping rear.

It would be like Porsche totally changing the 911s styling. It’s an iconic looking car that you don’t mess with to that extent

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Mid Engine changes things. And yes it does resemble all the other super cars that resemble all the other super cars.

longarmwj

Mid Engine changes things. And yes it does resemble all the other super cars that resemble all the other super cars.

I hope they found a way to keep that rear ended tight. When i was working for GM I did a few track days for the corvette C7 and they are so tail happy that they are hard to drive fast unless it’s a straight line. Like I said before, the added weight towards the back would worry me.

desertrunner

I'm honestly not surprised they went mid engine, I think it's GMs attempt to put the Corvette more in the super car realm and separate it a bit from the Camaro. Just like Ford has the GT and Dodge with the viper (I know not mid engine but still)

I think this move may make the Corvette a bit more pricy and out of the reach of the previous average Joe Corvette owner but I don't think it's a bad move on their part to make a move in the supercar realm

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I think I’m one of the only people then that likes the new look.

One of the big complaints about the C7 vette (especially in the zo6 and zr1 forms) is that it was hard to put the power down cause the chassis couldn’t handle the power. The mechanical grip wasn’t there. The mid engine design will now allow them to put the power down easier thru all RPM ranges on the track.

The best part of this is that the base model vette will still be obtainable for less than $60k per GM!!! That’s a steal for a super car. I’m excited to see what the z06 and zr1 makes and looks like when they finish the design on them

Ddays

Hooked
Really, what's the big deal? Corvettes were supposed to transition to a mid-engine layout decades ago. Zora Arkus Duntov pushed for it 60 years ago. There were also several prototypes over the years that got axed by corporate.

corvette-60-years(10).jpg

from-indy-to-zora-1.jpg

Last edited:
I dont know whats going on at GM right now, but their design department is on Crack... First the trucks, now the Vette.
I thought the same thing but now I’m digging the trucks. Can’t wait to see one of these new Vettes rolling around.

Don’t forget the camaro too. And they’re redesigning the Tahoe and suburban for 2021 so that is probably going to follow the same ugly design trend they’re using recently.

Well shit. It’s about time they do something. The tired ass design of the Tahoe could use an update.

You guys are sounding like Harley Davidson freaks. Only they get excited when a new bike looks exactly the same for the past 100 years.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I thought the same thing but now I’m digging the trucks. Can’t wait to see one of these new Vettes rolling around.

Well shit. It’s about time they do something. The tired ass design of the Tahoe could use an update.

You guys are sounding like Harley Davidson freaks. Only they get excited when a new bike looks exactly the same for the past 100 years.

:cheesy: that Harley reference puts things in perspective lol

Seahawkfan

Hooked
I'm honestly not surprised they went mid engine, I think it's GMs attempt to put the Corvette more in the super car realm and separate it a bit from the Camaro. Just like Ford has the GT and Dodge with the viper (I know not mid engine but still)

I think this move may make the Corvette a bit more pricy and out of the reach of the previous average Joe Corvette owner but I don't think it's a bad move on their part to make a move in the supercar realm

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

But maybe not... Snap10.png https://news.yahoo.com/2020-chevrolet-corvette-c8-stingrays-113548629.html?hl=1&noRedirect=1

JDDK

Chevy will keep redesigning it to catchup with all the modern styling of supercars and boosting massive sales for the next decade. It will die down and then they will release a modern retro model like the camaro, mustang, bronco etc like everyone else and sell a buttload more to a bunch more folks. Half will love it, half qill hate it. Its like Apple with their iphone releases. marketing works.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked
Chevy will keep redesigning it to catchup with all the modern styling of supercars and boosting massive sales for the next decade. It will die down and then they will release a modern retro model like the camaro, mustang, bronco etc like everyone else and sell a buttload more to a bunch more folks. Half will love it, half qill hate it. Its like Apple with their iphone releases. marketing works.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

LOL, as long as it doesn't end up like the New Coke/Classic Coke marketing fiasco!

TrailHunter

Hooked

Don’t get me wrong... I like change... and always look forward to updates... but ugly is ugly. The truck is Slowly growing on me too, in certain lights at certain angles. My pop used to be a huge corvette enthusiast. I think he had 6 different models between the 70’s and 90’s. As a kid I was really into it. But totally lost interest as I got older. And so did he. Especially the less they look like American Muscle and more like European Super Cars.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I thought that was such a sweet feature when I heard some of the specs. Being able to program in where speed bumps are to automatically raise the nose is amazing

Top Bottom