2024 JLR

Racing Optics Windshield Defense
Glad I knew to expect some bronco gizz.
Watching to make sure it clears up in a few days.

Otherwise looks great.
And yes, the reveal on the JL is 1/8” all around. Don’t know about the jk version. My jk will not be receiving such treatment. She will continue to take rocks raw dog.

I believe they have a sale on this until 5/1. Seems worth it to me.

View attachment 406510
View attachment 406511
Bronco jizz, raw dogging rocks…? You good bro? 🤣

Wanted to follow up on our engine decision.

Lucked out finding a 3.6. Also was interested to see no etorque.

Still, it has the ESS feature.
My question is, does anyone have ESS with no etorque and have this little motor deal below the alternator?

Does it make this much noise when you press the brake??

IMG_2935.jpeg

TonyT

Caught the Bug
Racing Optics Windshield Defense
Glad I knew to expect some bronco gizz.
Watching to make sure it clears up in a few days.

Otherwise looks great.
And yes, the reveal on the JL is 1/8” all around. Don’t know about the jk version. My jk will not be receiving such treatment. She will continue to take rocks raw dog.

I believe they have a sale on this until 5/1. Seems worth it to me.

I'm curious to see how you like this product long-term.

In 2020 I had a shop put ExoShield on my new Ram. I was already doing paint correction, ceramic coating, and paint protection, so I figured why not. I immediately didn't like it, but I left it on for a couple weeks to give it a change. Ended up taking it off myself within 500 miles.
IMG_7917.JPG

In 2020 I had a shop put ExoShield on my new Ram. I was already doing paint correction, ceramic coating, and paint protection, so I figured why not. I immediately didn't like it, but I left it on for a couple weeks to give it a change. Ended up taking it off myself within 500 miles.
View attachment 406618
Wow, that looks terrible! Did you talk to the shop about it before removing it?

View attachment 406618

Yea that’s rough. Racing Optics on mine is completely clear so far.

More info and pics at

IMG_2938.jpeg

What have you got for me @bobfriesenhahn?!

Do you have this thing? Does it make as much noise?

Obviously phone videos of jeep noises amplify / distort things a bit. Do you have a video of yours engaging like that?

I think I’ll log it at the dealership just for the hell of it…prolly normal…

View attachment 406653

What have you got for me @bobfriesenhahn?!

Do you have this thing? Does it make as much noise?

Obviously phone videos of jeep noises amplify / distort things a bit. Do you have a video of yours engaging like that?

I think I’ll log it at the dealership just for the hell of it…prolly normal…
I have a 2.0 turbo with E-torque. Since the beginning, I have heard grinding sounds coming from the right front upon applying brakes after driving west through sand-storms which come from the west or south-west. I attributed it to sand accumulating in the right front brake assembly. However, early on Jeep was sending my phone notices that there was a problem with the start-stop system and that the engine might seize on the road, requiring that it be towed. Luckily that never happened, and the scary notices stopped coming.

But I did hear the grinding from the right front on our most recent drive to Arizona. It clears after applying/releasing brakes over maybe 15 or 20 minutes. The brake rotors are fine.

In your case the sound is coming from a motor. Maybe it is actually coming from something similar in my case too?

I hear ya man. Thanks for the response.

Unfortunately I have neither a 2.0 or an etorque. And I have not been experiencing sand storm related issues…

But yes I’m guessing the little motor under the alternator is just an ancillary starter specifically for ESS. All little electric motors make noise.

Just looking for some input from someone who has this same setup.

TonyT

Caught the Bug
Wow, that looks terrible! Did you talk to the shop about it before removing it?
I did. And they offered a one-time redo it, but it would just do the same thing. They had a couple excuses of what could have caused it. One was that dust settles on the windshield and the wipers scratch it up. The other being whatever soap I was using likely had ingredients that degrade the material.

Top Bottom