275/70r17 BFGoodrich TA KO2 on Stock 2014 Rubicon

Wardell

Looks great! I can't wait for the 37x12.5 version to come out.

Same here! I was almost sold on getting Nitto Exo Grapplers until I heard the KO2s are coming out in a 37" size, so rather than buy a set in a smaller size for just one winter I'm going to wait for these to come out in the spring.

How have these been so far in the snow and ice?

mortuar

Looks great :thumb: how are you liking them so far? I want to ditch my stock Rubicon tires also. We get a good amount of rain and snow up here in the northeast and need a winter rated tire. Plus i spend most of my time on pavement. I'm assuming the 275's don't rub? I want to get spacers regardless to push them out a bit, it'll look perfect.

Loving them so far! Just like every set of BFG AT tires I've owned, they have great road manners. I haven't taken them to do anything crazy yet as I'm in the middle of packing up to move across the country, but loving them so far - no regrets on pulling the trigger. :rock:

They don't rub at all and I'm on a completely stock Rubicon suspension. Hope that helps!

mortuar

That looks awesome! Are you getting any rubbing issues since you are stock height? I.e. no lift or mods.

I can't wait to get a set of these!

No rubbing issues at all on a stock 2014 JKUR with no suspension mods. I don't think you'll regret snagging this tire if you're wanting to stay stock. These are just a tad taller and wider than the stock MTs that come on the Rubicon and I love the way they look and handle. :D

mortuar

Running the original BFG AT KOs in 275/70/17 on my 13 JKUR. I traded the new KMs for them off of my old 09 JKUR if that says anything. I run 285/75/16s on my truck and have ran them for about 20 years on all of my trucks. There may be better tires, but they are great all around tires. Be careful as they wear, rain performance does go down. Like any other tire.

Are the KO2 that different? I knew about them but haven't read about them.

Oh, I hear you on the rain performance as they wear. I've owned several sets of BFG T/A KOs before, I'm guessing these will be the same if not better. :D

From what I understand these are quite a bit different than the older KO. The tread seems a little more aggressive and they feel super sticky on the road - which I like.

mortuar

Same here! I was almost sold on getting Nitto Exo Grapplers until I heard the KO2s are coming out in a 37" size, so rather than buy a set in a smaller size for just one winter I'm going to wait for these to come out in the spring.

How have these been so far in the snow and ice?

I'm still in Texas through the first of the year so I haven't had any time to play in the snow or ice. Once I do I'll let you know. :)

SilverBack

I'm still in Texas through the first of the year so I haven't had any time to play in the snow or ice. Once I do I'll let you know. :)

Are you still as happy with the tires since you've had them a while? Have you had a chance to get them in the mud yet? How were they compared to the stock KMs in the mud?

BTW - Nice looking jeep!

mortuar

Are you still as happy with the tires since you've had them a while? Have you had a chance to get them in the mud yet? How were they compared to the stock KMs in the mud?

BTW - Nice looking jeep!

Thanks! Sorry for the suuuuuper late reply here - my life has been hectic.

I still love these tires. I'm thinking I have somewhere around 10k miles on them now. They grip the road in all conditions - haven't had an issue yet.

I haven't had a chance to take them on a truly muddy off-road trail, unfortunately.

Nikodenning4

Thanks! Sorry for the suuuuuper late reply here - my life has been hectic.

I still love these tires. I'm thinking I have somewhere around 10k miles on them now. They grip the road in all conditions - haven't had an issue yet.

I haven't had a chance to take them on a truly muddy off-road trail, unfortunately.

Any rubbing on the fenders at full flex??

CookieMonsterJK

I had two trucks, s10 and a 2500hd both with the older ko tires. I never had an issue in wet weather or snow but if it was sticky mud they clogged up bad. Tread life was great, I got 70k out of my s10 on them. My heavier truck a bit less but I would buy them again.

toxicwaste29

I've noticed my ko2 like to slip more in wet weather. They also clear pretty good in dirt and skeg but I wouldn't trust them to clear much in thick mud. I haven't had a chance to test them in snow

Top Bottom