2doors where's your onboard air stashed?

M.O.R.E. makes a mount for the ARB Twin under the hood... NoRoad has it I believe and Northridge sells it

Just googled it and checked it out, this is looking like the only option other than the cubby, I'll have to text no road in the am and see how he likes it :thumb:

I want to take my muffler out and do some sort of axle dumping exhaust. Then put something like PowerTank or viair where the muffler was with a custom skid plate. But if I don't end up doing that I'll mount a arb twin under the hood.

I want to take my muffler out and do some sort of axle dumping exhaust. Then put something like PowerTank or viair where the muffler was with a custom skid plate. But if I don't end up doing that I'll mount a arb twin under the hood.

Thought about that myself but unless it's fully boxed in it will get way too dirty.

I know steve likes the more mount underhood, I helped with the install and it wasnt bad at all. I dont think heat is really a problem underhood but I just didnt want to give it a chance. Nice thing is the cooling fan the arb has vs a normal viar one.

Thought about that myself but unless it's fully boxed in it will get way too dirty.
This might be a good place for an extra tank though
I don't have a twin air but I mounted mine in the back.
View attachment 162006
I'd be afraid I'd squash it with camping gear there lol
I know steve likes the more mount underhood, I helped with the install and it wasnt bad at all. I dont think heat is really a problem underhood but I just didnt want to give it a chance. Nice thing is the cooling fan the arb has vs a normal viar one.

Yup I'm thinking I'm just gonna go with the more mount, I just can't figure any alternative

Thanks all you guys for your input :thumb:

Here's a couple Panda:

15695455677_f8046cc230.jpg

I think a company called Springtail makes this mount. You might be able to mount the compressor on top or the side of this?

attachmentZ67J8P5D.jpg

I like this idea a lot because I don't even really use that space much anyways. Is the arb twin loud? Would annoying in cabin?

Yes it is, but you're normally outside the cabin when you're airing up unless you're into black magic. You aren't into black magic are you?

I have it under the hood and for what I use it for I like it easy place to wire for power and lockers.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438108640.712573.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1411945014.944489.jpg

This is a great solution except if you have a hardtop...I wish I had the means to redesign this for myself.

I'm probably having a brain fart, but how would this be a problem for a hardtop? Are you just talking about the noise factor?

I'm probably having a brain fart, but how would this be a problem for a hardtop? Are you just talking about the noise factor?

It mounts on top of the rear hard top bolts so you'd have to uninstall it every time you want to take the top off

It mounts on top of the rear hard top bolts so you'd have to uninstall it every time you want to take the top off

I'm with ya now. That wouldn't be a problem for Panda, but I wonder if it's slim enough to fit between the body and the hardtop? (That's just rhetorical btw)

I have it under the hood and for what I use it for I like it easy place to wire for power and lockers.
View attachment 162059
View attachment 162060
Thanks for the pics my friend looks like I'm copying you :D
I have this bracket. Rob has seen it. His is a 2013 though, it fits different on the 3.6l. The bracket itself is only $50.

You have a great little set up there Scott it did really well on my 37's, but yup the down side to a 3.6 is no room under the hood

So I talked with northridge 4x4 and they set me up with a little package deal with the arb twin, more mount and everything I need for a good price so I'm gonna give it a shot, I'll post up some pics of the install here, thanks again you guys, you all have some great ideas and hopefully this thread helps others get some ideas :thumb:

So I talked with northridge 4x4 and they set me up with a little package deal with the arb twin, more mount and everything I need for a good price so I'm gonna give it a shot, I'll post up some pics of the install here, thanks again you guys, you all have some great ideas and hopefully this thread helps others get some ideas :thumb:

Good deal. If you want help tackling some of the wiring let me know. I think Joey and I are wiring up his switch pros In the next couple weeks. We can make a day out of it!

Top Bottom