3.6l exhaust

davidc128

What are yall running on ur 3.6l. Looking at the Dynomax Super Turbo Muffler... really just wanting to do axel back to get rid of that 55gallon drum... wat tucks in the tightest and doesnt sound like a honda with 4ft spoilerimages%282%29%7E2.jpeg

I have the AFE. It has a good sound not much louder than stock and is an axle back system. No ricer sound just a bit of a throaty sound, loudest on heavy acceleration. I got this one specifically to keep the noise down but gain clearance.

IMG_0094.JPGIMG_0097.JPGIMG_0098.JPG

Well after hours of youtube videos i made a decision... i ordered the flowmaster hp2.. atleast in YouTube it seemed to have a deeper tone than any others... im gonna dump it just b4 the rear axle

Flowmaster hp2

Well after hours of youtube videos i made a decision... i ordered the flowmaster hp2.. atleast in YouTube it seemed to have a deeper tone than any others... im gonna dump it just b4 the rear axle

I recently installed the HP2 (American Thunder) about a month ago on my 2014 JKUR. Took a lot dedication, the original rubber mounts were internally reinforced with metal band, you need a cut it with a dremel or any disc cutting tool. Youtube videos didn't show, but I have to cut at leat 1.5"-2" either from the inlet of the tip or from the outlet of the pipe that goes on top of the rear axle. You also need to unbolt the rear stabilizer from the frame to make the last part possible to install. Not an expert, just giving you heads up of what I learned during this 5 hour ordeal that only supposed to take an hour or two.

Btw, it sounded great on mine, didn't hear any drone, esp at highway speeds, screams at higher RPMs and growls at cruising speed, and it's tucked in.

Lugs
2014 JKUR, Bone Stock, except for catback and Spiderwebshade (installed yesterday).
Newbie Jeeper
Murrieta, CA

20170223_103519.jpg
Flowmaster American Thunder Cat back muffler relocate with HP2 muffler. Sounds great, but I agree, install took longer than expected.

I've also had the MBRP installer series with muffler relocate on my 2dr 3.6L. It sounded great as well. A slightly deeper louder tone than the flowmaster.

You can't go wrong with either.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using WAYALIFE mobile app

You can get hp2 in 12" and 18"

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I went with the 18"

I recently installed the HP2 (American Thunder) about a month ago on my 2014 JKUR. Took a lot dedication, the original rubber mounts were internally reinforced with metal band, you need a cut it with a dremel or any disc cutting tool. Youtube videos didn't show, but I have to cut at leat 1.5"-2" either from the inlet of the tip or from the outlet of the pipe that goes on top of the rear axle. You also need to unbolt the rear stabilizer from the frame to make the last part possible to install. Not an expert, just giving you heads up of what I learned during this 5 hour ordeal that only supposed to take an hour or two.

Btw, it sounded great on mine, didn't hear any drone, esp at highway speeds, screams at higher RPMs and growls at cruising speed, and it's tucked in.

Lugs
2014 JKUR, Bone Stock, except for catback and Spiderwebshade (installed yesterday).
Newbie Jeeper
Murrieta, CA

I didnt get the catback kit heard to many issues with install and bout 100 different ways to do it... just gonna keep it simple

I went with the magnaflow rock crawler cat back and y pipe. I definitely noticed a horsepower increase, but it did come with the dreaded drone noise. After a bunch of research, I added the stock resonator back in and it deepened the sound note and made the system quieter with out much loss of power. Both the resonator and the magnaflow mufflers are straight through designs. Now I love it!

2015 JKUR AEV

What's the quietest exhaust available for a JK? I'd be perfectly happy to crawl over rocks in a silent bubble of bliss. Also want to ditch the stock one to clean up the back end

What's the quietest exhaust available for a JK? I'd be perfectly happy to crawl over rocks in a silent bubble of bliss. Also want to ditch the stock one to clean up the back end

Send Matt a PM. He would know for sure. I did the same, I didn't care about noise, just clearing the extra stuff out.

I went with the magnaflow rock crawler cat back and y pipe. I definitely noticed a horsepower increase, but it did come with the dreaded drone noise. After a bunch of research, I added the stock resonator back in and it deepened the sound note and made the system quieter with out much loss of power. Both the resonator and the magnaflow mufflers are straight through designs. Now I love it!

2015 JKUR AEV

You noticed a power increase??

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom