3.8L Engine Problems?

jeeeep

Hooked
Mine was burning a quart ever 1000 miles so switched to 5w30 and burns a Quart ever 3000 or so. Fingers crossed I can get a couple more years out of her.

wow you guys are going through a lot of oil, at that rate you don't need an oil change - just a filter change.

I hope mine continues to hold, just turned over 111000 and still doing well. I did just have the rear main seal replaced but only because I was thinking I had a transmission leak that turned out to be a leaking hose on my PSC assist..that's a whole other issue (damn installer should have bought me dinner before :eek: .. me)

Red Knight15

Caught the Bug
wow you guys are going through a lot of oil, at that rate you don't need an oil change - just a filter change.

I hope mine continues to hold, just turned over 111000 and still doing well. I did just have the rear main seal replaced but only because I was thinking I had a transmission leak that turned out to be a leaking hose on my PSC assist..that's a whole other issue (damn installer should have bought me dinner before :eek: .. me)

When I bought mine from the local stealership it had 70,200 miles on it. Changed oil at about 74,000k it didn't use but maybe half a quart. After I changed oil it started burning a quart ever 1000 miles using the recommended 5w 20. So after about 6000 miles and 6 quarts. I changed to 5w 30 and so far haven't added any between 3000 mile oil changes. It has 102000 miles now.
I'm would almost bet money the dealer put 5w 30 in it to keep it from using oil.

Mtbhjm

My 3rd engine should be arriving tomorrow. Hoping to have it installed by the end of the weekend. If I go through this one, I might have to magically come up with 25K and get a 6.4L Hemi conversion. Or I could go all out tuner and find a way to put a 2jz in it...

Top Bottom