3.8L JK Unlimited Exhuast Manifolds

Headers for sure

You guys should consider RIPP long tubes for several reasons. And yes, they use the factory heat shields so u dont have to worry about frying your wires. Also, you'll get way more outta them in the long run of upgrades. I've installed them myself, on the ground with just a basic mech tool set. A bit more money, but if your going to buy headers, shorty 's will be a waste of your $$$ as far as the sound, if anything it amplify's your aftermarket intake and cat back exhaust. Keep in mind this system also cuts out 2 of the 4 cats you have also. As far as performsnce, they are only as good as the rest of your system. Yes, you need a chip, intake, exhaust, injectors, cam and supercharger to get the headers full potential. If, u just replace intake and exhaust.... Dont expect much..

Last edited:
My driverside manifold is cracked bad at 120k. I've heard it ticking on cold starts but now its causing Jeep to run poorly.

But Ripp Headers aren't CA legal...

So many people say shorty's don't do a darn thing, but the stock replacements crack again and again...

What to do?:idontknow:

STAY STOCK!!!

I have the Gibson GP403S-C headers and they are the biggest PITA and a continuous waste of money.

A: The flange is NOT the correct size to mate with the stock flange at the cats

B: The amount of heat created under your hood is insane. Your battery box will melt, you will burn plug boots, the header holts will stretch, the flanges will stretch.

C: The performance "gain" is not worth the price tag and the additional maintenance you will have to endure.

I ended up having to go with Stage 8 bolts to keep the header from coming loose, but the flange ended up bending so far I can no longer keep enough torque on it to not have a leak.

I have plug wires with ceramic boots AND boot/wire covers to keep them from not burning. This was the combination needed to keep the wires from burning.

I wouldn't wish these on anyone.

They do sound good when not farting from the engine compartment. So I guess that's a plus.

I second gingerchocolate: my shorty headers have been nothing but a giant headache. They to cracked, and as he said the collector flanges are not the same size, so as the bolts stretch from the heat, you get a leak, crank down on them more, then bend the flanges and then you have an exhaust leak forever, or till you go back to stock anyways. If you can swing it, the only way I would go aftermarket is to get the RIPPS!!!!

Had the same issue with my '08. Driver side manifold had a huge crack in it. Ended up buying an OEM one from the dealer. Easy install actually. I'd stay oem if it were me unless the aftermakets keep the O2's in the same spot relative to the exhaust ports.

Top Bottom