3 foot or 4 foot CB antenna?

trailless

Caught the Bug
ok, do you think it makes more sense to get the 4' and mount it inverted like yours or to do the 3' and mount it non inverted. do you think i will be in about the same height over the hard top? I just do not want to have the antenna too high above the hard top

I'll get you an exact measurement of how much further the antenna sticks past the hardtop tomorrow. I haven't had any trouble with the antenna at drive thrus or parking garages.

Zstairlessone

I'll get you an exact measurement of how much further the antenna sticks past the hardtop tomorrow. I haven't had any trouble with the antenna at drive thrus or parking garages.

Can you do a pic too? I'm trying to get a feel for clearance through a low garage door. Thanks!

trailless

Caught the Bug
OK, so I thought my antenna was a lot lower than what it really is. The tip is about 13" above the hard top with the bracket installed with the mount on the bottom... the bracket is about 6" long.

1419953343153.jpg

1419953354524.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

hlax2525

BTW, I didn't make it through my garage.

So if the 4 foot mounted on the bottom sticks over about 13", then it is safe to assume that a 3' mounted the same way will only stick over by about an inch. If i mounted the bracket opposite way as you did, and got a 3', would you assume that it would stick over about 6" approx? I am still deciding between a 3' and 4' antenna with the same cooltech mount you have.

trailless

Caught the Bug
Mounted the same as I do, hole on the bottom, a 3ft would be 1" higher than the hard top. With the mount installed with the hole on top, a 3ft would be 7" higher than the hard top.

Hope that helps. :thumbup:

2011jk

What about mounting a stick to the center of the top? I'm not worried about getting into a low garage as my doors are 10'. I'd think this would get the best performance..

Top Bottom