35's on factory wheels.

StrizzyChris

Have run 35" x 12.5's on stock 17" rims with 1-1/2" spidertrax spacers for 47k miles and 5 years

Same experience for me, but not as many miles. No issues at all!

I think the tire "folding" would be caused more by going with a super tall tire (with weak sidewalls) on a small rim

THIS!!!

I've never ran a thin side walled tire so I have no experience with the sidewall flexing and affecting the handling. Run my Nittos with 28psi and they held firm around corners. :idontknow:

slmarks

At Discount tire we strongly advise not going over the reccomended width of the wheel, a 315 will work but i myself didnt go that route because of the horror stories ive encountered and heard about. you run a good risk of folding that tire over and popping it off the bead. same goes for having a wide wheel and narrow tire. i had a friend come to me and try to have us mount 12.5 inch wide tires on 7 inch wide wheels, i said no and told him the risks and he proceded to do the work himself. he flipped his truck 4 times on the highway on and off ramp..... insurance paid for the truck and he was back 2 days after to get bigger wheels. go with a bigger wheel in my PROFESSIONAL opinion

Got my Spidertrax wheel spacers on this weekend and love them!!! View attachment 132344

Your jeep looks badass

OJK12

Thanks guys! I just rattle caned them with OD green paint from Walmart. I wanted to see if I liked the color before committing to Powdercoating or something better.

Manvan

If you have a Sahara with 18" rims, you might consider getting aftermarket rims. The price of a tire jumps about $80 - $100 for a 18" tire as opposed to a 17" tire.

Jay_r24

Yup, I run the stock wheels on 35x12.5 and have been for a while now. No problems...there Is some rubbing at a full turn!

bkac

Caught the Bug
Love my setup for now.
315/70/17s nittos load range d
4.10 gears. Works pretty good offroad. 1.5 spacers
Ran them all week between 7-9 psi in Moab on some nasty trails and never blew a bead. Close but it didn't happen.

Attachments

• 1427149254605.jpg
    1427149254605.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 110

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Love my setup for now.
315/70/17s nittos load range d
4.10 gears. Works pretty good offroad. 1.5 spacers
Ran them all week between 7-9 psi in Moab on some nasty trails and never blew a bead. Close but it didn't happen.

Looks good! At first I didn't like the new Rubi wheels, but I have to say, I think they look great now that I have seen some bigger meats on them! :thumb:

bkac

Caught the Bug
Looks good! At first I didn't like the new Rubi wheels, but I have to say, I think they look great now that I have seen some bigger meats on them! :thumb:

I'm with you on that. They are growing on me until beadlocks and 40's are ready to be bolted on. You should see them with rock rash all over them. :)
The valve steams are blocked nicely from the rocks also.

mendigo

Guys thank so much reading this help. I like the current jeep rims but thought I had get new rims for bigger tirez. Instead I'll be looking into keeping the rims and saving money towards the tires.

Last edited:
Top Bottom