37 inch tires 3 inch lift parts?

Noble Woodsman

No no no a longer shock will give you a larger extended length and in turn a larger collapsed length too. They all travel about the same.

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Just to clarify, longer shocks do have slightly more travel, but desertrunner is correct - you should be looking at the compressed and extended shock lengths, not total shock travel, when selecting something to fit.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Just to clarify, longer shocks do have slightly more travel, but desertrunner is correct - you should be looking at the compressed and extended shock lengths, not total shock travel, when selecting something to fit.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

This is correct. If you are running rock star skids, your shocks will need to be 1.5" shorter when collapsed than what was previously acceptable. either you will need to choose your rear shock carefully, or choose the correct bump with the "recommended" shock for whatever size lift. Compressed shock length is the important variable here. IIRC, you need something like 16.75" max for 4" bumps, and 15.5" max for 3" bumps? Don't quote me on that, I'm going off of memory.

desertrunner

This is correct. If you are running rock star skids, your shocks will need to be 1.5" shorter when collapsed than what was previously acceptable. either you will need to choose your rear shock carefully, or choose the correct bump with the "recommended" shock for whatever size lift. Compressed shock length is the important variable here. IIRC, you need something like 16.75" max for 4" bumps, and 15.5" max for 3" bumps? Don't quote me on that, I'm going off of memory.
I can look up what my measurements were when I get home. I have them all written down in a book. Compressed length wasn't an issue for me it was when I tried to go with a longer shock my coil would come out so I had to stay with the shorter shock because my lift is so low.

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom