37" on Rubicon 4.10 axle ratio. Auto shifts aggressively.

jeeeep

Hooked
No procal before. I bought it used with everything stock and went straight to building. As soon as the 37s were on I Procalled it. How can I lock out overdrive, when it's an automatic 2013. There's no OD button.

with the newer auto transmissions you have to use the tap-shift feature to lock out OD, it you move (tap) the shifter to the right you'll see what gear you're in on the dash, move(tap) the shifter left will shift down one gear.

I had a similar shift issue with my 2010 when I went to 37's and had made several adjustments with the programmer, try this:

First using your procal put your tune back to stock

The following steps is information I got from Quadratec and is what solved my issue, however, I only did steps 1-3 :

The following procedure will allow you to reset the memory and allow the computer to 're-learn' how to drive by adjusting to the drivers habits and the vehicles modifications.

1. Disconnect the battery by removing the positive battery cable. Remember, the positive battery cable.

2. Ground the positive cable to the negative cable for 30 seconds to erase the electric charge in the capacitors.

3. Reconnect the positive cable to the battery.

**** I did not do steps 4-7 to solve my transmission shifting issues ************

4. Turn the key to on but do not start.

5. Turn the headlights on.

6. Turn the headlights off.

7. Turn the key off.

The ECU has now been reset to its factory settings. For the next 50 warm-up periods the ECU will re-learn the engine and driving habits for your driving conditions and the newly installed parts.

Once you've reset the ECU, reinstall your Procal tune and test drive, hopefully this also helps solve your issue.

Dubaibentzen

with the newer auto transmissions you have to use the tap-shift feature to lock out OD, it you move (tap) the shifter to the right you'll see what gear you're in on the dash, move(tap) the shifter left will shift down one gear.

I had a similar shift issue with my 2010 when I went to 37's and had made several adjustments with the programmer, try this:

First using your procal put your tune back to stock

The following steps is information I got from Quadratec and is what solved my issue, however, I only did steps 1-3 :

The following procedure will allow you to reset the memory and allow the computer to 're-learn' how to drive by adjusting to the drivers habits and the vehicles modifications.

1. Disconnect the battery by removing the positive battery cable. Remember, the positive battery cable.

2. Ground the positive cable to the negative cable for 30 seconds to erase the electric charge in the capacitors.

3. Reconnect the positive cable to the battery.

**** I did not do steps 4-7 to solve my transmission shifting issues ************

4. Turn the key to on but do not start.

5. Turn the headlights on.

6. Turn the headlights off.

7. Turn the key off.

The ECU has now been reset to its factory settings. For the next 50 warm-up periods the ECU will re-learn the engine and driving habits for your driving conditions and the newly installed parts.

Once you've reset the ECU, reinstall your Procal tune and test drive, hopefully this also helps solve your issue.

I'll give it a go with the Procal, battery and ECU. I just would like to not have to shift manually on every single drive, since it is an automatic after all. It just seems silly to have to do that.

Will this overdrive issue go away as soon as I regear to 5.13?

DKjeep

I'll give it a go with the Procal, battery and ECU. I just would like to not have to shift manually on every single drive, since it is an automatic after all. It just seems silly to have to do that.

Will this overdrive issue go away as soon as I regear to 5.13?

The engine will have a greater mechanical advantage with the 5.13 ratio and will be able to use OD without all of the gear "hunting" that it is doing now. Re-gear is about 1k last I checked unless you are handy enough to do it yourself. I changed my ratio twice and was so tired the last time I did it that after the front was done I paid someone to do just the rear.

Top Bottom