37" Tires Void Warranty?

trailraider

this is taken right from the FCA website.

"Those Jeep® Performance Parts designated as "Off-Road Only" have not been evaluated or tested for crashworthiness or compliance with safety standards. Any Jeep® Performance Part noted as "Off-Road Only" may not be installed by a Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep®, Ram, FIAT® or Alfa Romeo dealer on a new vehicle, and may not be sold or financed in conjunction with the sale of a new vehicle. FCA US LLC does not authorize the installation of any part noted as "Off-Road Only" on any vehicle prior to its first retail sale. "

I would say that's a pretty broad blanket too deny warranty on their product, only to translate to 0 tolerance on aftermarket if they deemed so.if they don't authorize the dealer to install their products, your basically screwed after the fact.

Slavens

Caught the Bug
That's not true. Often times a shady dealer(Or service rep) will try to get you to pay for something that would be under warranty and hope you just say ok. If you fight back and show them that you know the law, they will fold. It is entirely on the dealer to prove that the aftermarket part is what caused the damage. The magnuson moss act protects you from a dealer just trying to make money off of you. If the dealer can prove that your larger that allowed tires caused Part X or Part Y to fail prematurely, then they can deny your claim.

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Been a service advisor for 12 years now and NEVER have I or anyone I have managed "tried" so sell something was covered under warranty in "Hopes" the customer would by it. However believe me being with BMW I have had every Dr. , Attorney or Mr. Engineer explain to me all their information they pulled from the internet or the law and i'll tell you what .. It's not hard to tell someone to fuck off. So try coming in and acting like a human being and treat others as such and you wont have to argue with the service dept, advisors or dealer to get what you want.

The Magnuson Moss act is useless! I got my local DA involved with the dealer on a very simple aftermarket part and he got nowhere. Then I got the Federal Trade Commission involved which decided they would not enforce the act with Chrysler, because Obama cut their budget back.

Glad to know my taxes go to the government for doing nothing if your an average citizen.

It's really up to the dealer if he wants to help or not.

woof359

yeppers

I was told the same thing when we picked ours up, I work at a Toyota dealer ship, we usally work some thing out of they change stuff

jtpedersen

Caught the Bug
ry coming in and acting like a human being and treat others as such and you wont have to argue with the service dept, advisors or dealer to get what you want.

Appreciated seeing your comment. For the most part, it reflects my own experience. No one likes dealing with someone who's set off their BS meter or is acting like a turd. Of course, it goes both ways. Sometimes you can tell, on initial visit to the service dept., how things might go just by how the service writer interacts with you.

My last trip to the dealer, I was up front with him, said, "I don't know if you'll cover it...". The wiring for the front locker had been pulled and made it dysfunctional. The leveling lift is easily overlooked. The gold EVO end links sure aren't :).

Never blinked an eye. Wasn't a big warranty expense for sure, but I'm sure they could've voided it. This is also part of why I pay attention to shops around me, pick one (such as after I've moved), and work to build a relationship. A working relationship with a service shop, dealer or otherwise, has always proven beneficial to me.

That said, I've just exited warranty already (not even 2 years yet :( ), and am trying to figure out where to go locally. Biggest problem isn't so much service writer/front desk staff, but finding folks that will do a good job. Best thing I love about the Jeep, I can change the oil w/o a jack/lift. :)

Top Bottom