38" stock axle

WJCO

Meme King
So my understanding is that the pumpkin of the front D30 is smaller than the front D44. Would that make it safer then to not regear?

Here's a pic of a set of 4.56 gears. The left ones are Dana 30 and the right ones are Dana 44. As you re-gear to a lower ratio (higher numerically), the pinion gets smaller. Combine that with larger tires and it's less than ideal.

DSC02639.jpg

Braxtonsag

Damn Iv been running 37s on Dana 30 for over a year too lol. Eddie told me a long time ago just run it till it breaks and keep it unlocked. If i remember right, he said it’s a lot stronger than people give it credit for. You just gotta wheel and pick lines with the knowledge that that shitty axle is under there

jorgelrod

Hooked
A lot of it comes to terrain, I got away with a lot with my D30 before the PR44 when I was in Puerto Rico because all my wheeling was mud and the ground would tend to give before anything on my axle would, when I moved to Florida and started driving to OHV parks with rocks I realized I would have never been able to do that here without breaking something

Last edited:

Braxtonsag

I actually haven't ever needed 4wd yet and i think that's a lot of the reason i haven't had an issue. I put a Truetrac in the rear and run super low psi and usually the combination of those 2 get me where i need to be. I also don't go looking for trouble on trails i know i will break shit on though

fiend

Caught the Bug
I actually haven't ever needed 4wd yet and i think that's a lot of the reason i haven't had an issue. I put a Truetrac in the rear and run super low psi and usually the combination of those 2 get me where i need to be. I also don't go looking for trouble on trails i know i will break shit on though

You are running 37s with a 3.5” lift and beadlocks but you’ve never been in 4wd? [emoji848][emoji44]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

So many contradictions in this thread. It’s like multiple personalities are posting at the same time.

sm31

I need 4WD for several months of the year just to get up my (not very steep & paved...) driveway! :thinking:

jorgelrod

Hooked
I guess I’m just not following where you guys are going with this? Lol

What they are meaning to say is your definition of wheeling based on that statement is maybe running around on forest roads or things like that and to almost anyone here, that is not wheeling...

Wheeling...
IMG_4803 2.jpg
IMG_4804 2.jpg

Not technically Wheeling
IMG_3080.jpg

Last edited:

Braxtonsag

What they are meaning to say is your definition of wheeling based on that statement is maybe running around on forest roads or things like that and to almost anyone here, that is not wheeling...

I wondered if that may be it. I literally said last page I don’t go looking for trouble on trails lol.

A339EABF-5338-4327-A7D2-49FC381BC65A.jpg
EECDDF1F-6BC3-459B-A9F4-2DE233FA4D8C.jpg

I enjoy having beadlocks for the comfort and added traction. Never said I was a professional rock crawler lol just a guy that likes to travel and explore with his family.

Top Bottom