38x12.50r18 tires

Aloy

Not need to get upset, everyone here is just having some fun. If you find their comments offensive, try posting up future questions here:

(y)

Aloy

I
Not need to get upset, everyone here is just having some fun. If you find their comments offensive, try posting up future questions here:

(y)
thought that this was a friendly family environment that you could ask what ever no matter the type of question I was wrong

WJCO

Meme King
I thought that this was a friendly family environment that you could ask what ever no matter the type of question I was wrong
1647263691640.jpg
I don’t get it how you could be ok with all of this

View attachment 391756

I don't think that's the size he's looking for. What do the numbers mean though? Thank you for being ok with all of this. It's amazing.

Aloy

View attachment 391756

I have sense of humor but I post a question and I gotten nothing but jokes no help what’s so ever but thank you for the definition my goodness

WJCO

Meme King
I have sense of humor but I post a question and I gotten nothing but jokes no help what’s so ever but thank you for the definition my goodness
You are welcome.

Probably you got a lot of jokes because people did not know that your question was not a joke. If you add "This is not a joke", then people will know.

duktrx

View attachment 391756

A more specific description of tires.
Screenshot_20230629_112251_DuckDuckGo.jpg

I understand not everyone understands how to read a tire sidewall, but with how easy it is to find information on the internet, the answer is easy enough to find.
Regardless of that, in all seriousness have you actually looked at your tires to check if they are in a safe condition to drive on, or even changed your own tire?
TPMS is great in telling you a problem might exist but tire pressure is not the only issue; bulges and cuts are far more dangerous than a nail slowly letting air out. If your Jeep is a pavement princess that is different than if it is exposed to offroad terrain, where you need to inspect your sidewalks regularly. With a comment like this,
Help help I was wondering if I could fit a nitto 38x12.50r17 on my 18 inch wheels wondering
I recommend you get familiar with your Jeep and understand the basic systems, it could save your life.

I have never been a mechanic or worked on cars for more than personal/family upkeep. I cannot remember a tire in the last 40 years that did not have some form of warning about mounting it on the wrong size wheel/rim. Looking at the three vehicles I have sitting in my driveway right now proves my point. 20230629_114513.jpg
MOUNT ONLY ON 17 INCH RIM

20230629_114417.jpg
DO NOT MOUNT ON 16.5 INCH RIM

20230629_114315.jpg
DANGER DO NOT USE ON 17.5" DIAMETER RIM
(this is from a tire designed to fit a 17" rim)

Aloy

A more specific description of tires.
View attachment 391759

I understand not everyone understands how to read a tire sidewall, but with how easy it is to find information on the internet, the answer is easy enough to find.
Regardless of that, in all seriousness have you actually looked at your tires to check if they are in a safe condition to drive on, or even changed your own tire?
TPMS is great in telling you a problem might exist but tire pressure is not the only issue; bulges and cuts are far more dangerous than a nail slowly letting air out. If your Jeep is a pavement princess that is different than if it is exposed to offroad terrain, where you need to inspect your sidewalks regularly. With a comment like this,

I recommend you get familiar with your Jeep and understand the basic systems, it could save your life.

I have never been a mechanic or worked on cars for more than personal/family upkeep. I cannot remember a tire in the last 40 years that did not have some form of warning about mounting it on the wrong size wheel/rim. Looking at the three vehicles I have sitting in my driveway right now proves my point. View attachment 391760
MOUNT ONLY ON 17 INCH RIM

View attachment 391761
DO NOT MOUNT ON 16.5 INCH RIM

View attachment 391762
DANGER DO NOT USE ON 17.5" DIAMETER RIM
(this is from a tire designed to fit a 17" rim)
Thanks

Top Bottom