3inch Mopar lift! Aka (Teraflex)

stangbuster

This kit is a well designed lift for a "no-brainer/cookie-cutter" approach at a Jeep endorsed full lift kit.
I just installed one of these kits on a 2013 JK 2dr our store had. After the install and a good run down, I would say its enough for 95% of people who want to run 35in tires and have some serious fun with their JK yet not have to worry about extra maintenance, like most of us do. It rides/drives better than stock in my opinion.

This is a picture for reference of the lift installed with 35x12.50r17. (This post is not an advertisement, as it has been sold, this just happens to be the only picture I can find)

HugoTheImpaler

I have this lift 9n a 2012 2dr. Very pleased with it. I got a discount so I could not find anything at a better deal for a complete kit of that quality.

For what I´ve understood the new mopar 2 inch lift kit with a new front drive shaft have more thoughts into it. For what I know that is a in house design with fox shocks and have nothing to do with teraflex but have been wrong before and could be utterly wrong on this to.

Mountainjk10

Caught the Bug
For what I´ve understood the new mopar 2 inch lift kit with a new front drive shaft have more thoughts into it. For what I know that is a in house design with fox shocks and have nothing to do with teraflex but have been wrong before and could be utterly wrong on this to.

Why would you need a front driveshaft for a 2" lift?:idontknow:

Big K

Here is a link to a jeep video of our last trip to Crown King both my wife's red 2014 and my white 2013 Rubicon's have the Mopar lift. As they aren't The EVO lifts as it seems everyone on the wayalife app has or inspires to one day have they work for us. Both Jeeps are daily drivers and we have been very happy with the lift thus far including a trip last summer to Moab.

http://youtu.be/Nc1TPMA1t-4

Why would you need a front driveshaft for a 2" lift?:idontknow:

I read somewhere that it have a lot of downtravel, actually much more than this 3 inch lift. It is a newer lift and maybee it is better enginered. Do not have it myself so can not speak of own experience. I was very interested in that kit but it was ridiculous expensive here in sweden. 42000 swedish crown and thats more than 4000 dollar. So I ordered a 2 inch ome lift instead for 1/4 of that price.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I read somewhere that it have a lot of downtravel, actually much more than this 3 inch lift. It is a newer lift and maybee it is better enginered. Do not have it myself so can not speak of own experience. I was very interested in that kit but it was ridiculous expensive here in sweden. 42000 swedish crown and thats more than 4000 dollar. So I ordered a 2 inch ome lift instead for 1/4 of that price.

Your down travel is limited by your shocks. If it has more down travel than a 3" lift the shocks are too long.

Your down travel is limited by your shocks. If it has more down travel than a 3" lift the shocks are too long.

I´m by no mean a expert and really have no opinions about this but there should be some reason they include a driveshaft in this new 2 inch lift. If not necesary, why include it?

Maybee it actually lift the jeep much more than 2 inch and therefore can have more downtravel?

https://www.jeepwranglerparts.com/wrangler-jk/lift-kits/mopar-stage-1-2-lift/

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I´m by no mean a expert and really have no opinions about this but there should be some reason they include a driveshaft in this new 2 inch lift. If not necesary, why include it?

Maybee it actually lift the jeep much more than 2 inch and therefore can have more downtravel?

https://www.jeepwranglerparts.com/wrangler-jk/lift-kits/mopar-stage-1-2-lift/

I don't know, I didn't design it. You would need to find part numbers for the shocks or actually lengths to determine. Also find the same for the 3" kit.

Rubi3

I was looking at this life, which Teraflex now sells under their own brand. What I liked about it was the zero maintenance and the fact that the control arms and all components are set so you don't have any issues with your geometry being out of wack, resulting in flighty steering.

https://teraflex.com/shop_items/564a12e356d70ed493132c1a

Hearing some of you say that it made the ride darty or whatever is odd to me since these parts are made to exactly prevent that.

Big K

My two jeeps with this lift go down the road just fine. I also have a good friend with the same lift and his work great on the road as well. I don't know what these guys are talking about. Ours are daily drivers and we have no complaints. Two of the jeeps have 35's and one have 37's. If your looking for a solid daily driver lift this is it I would buy it a 3rd time. If your looking to follow Eddie and his crew your going to need more.

Top Bottom