4.88 rear and 5.13 front

Zstairlessone

Adam, how about explaining adverse road conditions? Where I live, we have snow that falls onto the roadway and when it does, it can cause hazardous and slippery road conditions. Going 30 mph on roads with snow on them is not retarded at all. The conditions while driving on the road change constantly depending on the elevation, aspect and precipitation. I have many times driven up to 55 mph in 4-High in the snow and then had to slow way down, depending on the type of snow. Sometimes, the snow conditions change within 1-2 miles. So shifting on the fly is critical. If I had to slow down to 30 mph on the freeway to shift would not only be rude, but downright dangerous to the flow of traffic. Please note that not everyone lives in Southern California. Also, no sympathy needed, I love living in snow country.

If those were the road conditions he wouldn't have had the problem tires would have slipped not bound so no damage. Putting a part time 4 wheel drive vehicle in 4-hi or 4-lo on the road is usually a recipe for pain if it isn't icy or really slick out.

Don't forget you need to run the gear set in for a couple of hundred miles and change oil again,

Last edited:
Top Bottom