4.88's or 5.13's

jknikos

It's a 3.6 Auto.

I'm going to drive a club members jeep in just a bit that has been re-geared to 5.13's. Only thing is, his is a 3.8 auto but he's also on 35's like me.

Question: will the 3.8 be close in performance to what I can expect?

:beer:
The 3.8/4speed auto craves for 5.13s with anything from 35inch tire and above. I havent driven an 3.6/5speed auto combination, so i cannot tell the difference.

jeffj

Caught the Bug
The 3.8/4speed auto craves for 5.13s with anything from 35inch tire and above. I havent driven an 3.6/5speed auto combination, so i cannot tell the difference.

There a big difference between the two motors and the gears. You really can't compare the two.

AncientTrail

The 5.13's are in and so far I'm very happy with my choice.

Now that it isn't hunting for a gear like before it was a very relaxing drive home. Of course the holiday traffic going from Ontario Airport headed to Vegas sucked big time. What should have been about a 2.5 hour drive turned into a 3.5 hour drive :icon_crazy:

For you SoCal members here, next weekend I'll be going to Calico with the local club in RC and I'm really looking forward to a new crawling experience with the new gears :D

Thanks a bunch for the advice/opinions from everyone here and happy trails to you all :beer::beer:

Top Bottom