4 link

Oreo_penguin536

What old mounts? Track bar? I would assume you could use the old ones, maybe add/fab a relocation for one side to adjust for lift.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yeah, I took off my stock track bars, thinking about it though I’d need to relocate them slightly because the rear one gets in the way of the exhaust and a bunch of chit, probably use universal shock relocation mounts? I love those things I just got. 1/4in thick!!!!!! Atleast from just eyeballing it

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
Don’t they bind on each other? View attachment 293651

It just looks like as the suspension articulates they’d bind and bend

There is a lot of vertical separation in these systems and you need quality joints with plenty of articulation in the ball.

JKs have 4-link with track bar

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Correct JKs are 5 link

Oreo_penguin536

You think I could make my own kit or should I buy one like I listed? I think it’s post 6 or 7 some where in there near the top.

I would have to do a lift if I did 4link and a LA right? Theirs no way to stay stock height and just add lift later without doing too much?

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
Honestly there is a lot to designing a quality suspension so I’d say buy a kit that is specific to a yj. Also if it was me I’d swap out the D35 at the same time. As for lift it depends on the kit. We never got the yj down here so I’m not real familiar with them.

Oreo_penguin536

Honestly there is a lot to designing a quality suspension so I’d say buy a kit that is specific to a yj. Also if it was me I’d swap out the D35 at the same time. As for lift it depends on the kit. We never got the yj down here so I’m not real familiar with them.

I have a corporate 14 it’s just connected to my truck still lol, thing is I’m not the best with hearing unless it’s 2 wheels, I doubt it would be so easy that the 14 would work without hearing mods

Oreo_penguin536

If you haven't already check out his CJ build. Totally custom triangulated 4 link. Not sure if there is a kit pre fabbed for a YJ but either way it seems like its going to be more than a weekend job.

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=38231

Edit: Just saw a decently built YJ here for sale. They're asking $6500 for it..;)

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I have a lot to read in that thread, detailed. Thanks for the tag of it!

Top Bottom