4" Plush ride EVO coils

JKNick07

Is anyone running the 4" coils on a 2 door? Seems like 3" is a lot easier and more than enough lift.. Just wondering what the 4" looks like

suicideking

Got any pics of your rig man? I'm still on the fence between the 4" and 3" springs.. I know I gotta do more to be safe with the 4" but I feel like I'll love the look going a little bigger and eventually running 37's.:rock:

Here's a recent one:

I like the 4", especially for running 37's in the future.

Attachments

• Arrowhead 9-28-13.jpg
    Arrowhead 9-28-13.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 330

JayKay

Caught the Bug
Here's a recent one:

I like the 4", especially for running 37's in the future.

Was your rig lifted before you went with plush rides? I'm running a 3.5" RC lift right now and can't figure out if I'll need 3" or 4" plush rides when I upgrade. I wanna keep my Jeep at the same height as it is now. I have a 4 door

suicideking

Your rig looks great man almost makes the 37's look small! Haha

Thanks bud! :beer:

They look small because they're 35's. Will hopefully be 37's by summer.

Was your rig lifted before you went with plush rides? I'm running a 3.5" RC lift right now and can't figure out if I'll need 3" or 4" plush rides when I upgrade. I wanna keep my Jeep at the same height as it is now. I have a 4 door

Yes, I had an RK 2.5" max travel and swapped out the springs for 4" Evo.

I'm not sure about your height question. If it's a true 3.5", then 4" should be close. Not sure if RC runs tall or short. I'd guess the 3" would be closer to your RC 3.5".

JayKay

Caught the Bug

I'm not sure about your height question. If it's a true 3.5", then 4" should be close. Not sure if RC runs tall or short. I'd guess the 3" would be closer to your RC 3.5".

I'm sure when the time comes and I'm ready to do the install, I'll call ORE before ordering any parts. Hopefully they can steer me in the right direction.

Mdrnizd

Did you have the new triple rate RK's? What do you like better about the Evo's or RK's and how does the ride quality compare?

suicideking

Did you have the new triple rate RK's? What do you like better about the Evo's or RK's and how does the ride quality compare?

The RK were two years old, so the dual rate. I got the 2.5" because I had 33's at the time. When I put on 35's I had clearance issues even with flat fenders. I got the 4" figuring they'd be better for 37's. I really like how they handle on and off road. They do seem to be smoother than the RK, but just more body roll because of the 4". Really not all that different other than taller.

Lowboy

I too will soon be joining EVO Plush Ride Coils...
Presently running RE 3.5" Super Flex with 3.5" Metalcloak coils, and just ordered 4" EVO Plush Ride coils to replace the present setup (have rear passenger side now sitting at 1" less!) and needed a fix to also save my Elka's
JKU + 37" BF-Krawlers

Chevy Dave

Not to threadjack, but I currently have a rock krawler budget boost with stock sport springs. I put my winch on this week and the front came down a ton. If I pull the stock springs and budget boost spacers and install 3" plush rides up front do you guys think it'll mess up my steering or driveline angles? I'm already waiting on adjustable control arms to get here so castor will be corrected. Its a 2014 2 door.
/threadjack

OllllllllO Instagram @LucyTheJeep

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Not to threadjack, but I currently have a rock krawler budget boost with stock sport springs. I put my winch on this week and the front came down a ton. If I pull the stock springs and budget boost spacers and install 3" plush rides up front do you guys think it'll mess up my steering or driveline angles? I'm already waiting on adjustable control arms to get here so castor will be corrected. Its a 2014 2 door.
/threadjack

You WILL need adjustable lowers in the front and adjustable uppers in the rear. Also new driveshafts soon.

Chevy Dave

^ Especially on a 2 door.

You mean if I do plushrides or if I leave it the way it is? I'm already doing adjustable front lowers

Edit: I might just order some rock krawler 2.5" coils and pull the front budget boost spacers. With the weight of the bumper and winch I should be ok right?

Last edited:

gleno99

How do the plush ride coils compare to stock 4 door rubi coils? Softer? Stiffer? Thanks.

Last edited:

suicideking

You mean if I do plushrides or if I leave it the way it is? I'm already doing adjustable front lowers

Edit: I might just order some rock krawler 2.5" coils and pull the front budget boost spacers. With the weight of the bumper and winch I should be ok right?

Plush rides. Figure the 3" is for a 4 door, probably higher on a 2 door which will mean both drive shafts and steering correction. Probably won't have to do it right away. Drive shafts will be more important to address first.

The RK 2.5" might not need as much, but it's only .5" different and a little rougher riding than the evo. I know because I have the RK 2.5 max travel and changed out the springs for 4" evo. Noticeably smoother on the evo.

Chevy Dave

Thanks man, appreciate the reply. I just graduated college so if the rk coils get me back to sitting level I am fine with a rough ride. My actual wheeling rig is an s10 zr2 with leafs on all 4 corners so ik rough haha. I just don't like the massive front end droop that the winch cause with stock springs

Edit: sorry in meant to quote suicideking there

Top Bottom