4 Season half doors? Supertop Ultra?

wjtstudios

Hooked
LOL, I still say yours are ugly as hell and you need to get rid of them. Bison would look sooooo much better without them. :thumb:

I’ve had to increase the security on the garage to protect them.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
There is no better door on the market than the factory half doors. Many companies have tried but there is no replacement. I know of many that have owned Savvy, Evo and other half doors that have sold those only to turn around and buy the factory half doors. Usually not the other way around. I have about $4k in my factory doors. Bought them new, paid for paint and have full door wiring harnesses in them to make them power doors and mirrors just like my full doors. No half door on the market gives you that option.

I agree, but it’s also a lot of money to spend on doors that are going to get abused.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked
I'm really bummed I missed the boat on them when I ordered my JK. And I'm totally pissed FCA didn't offer half doors on the JL/JT's. I was totally prepared when I ordered mine only to find out there were no plans to offer them. :mad:

Catfathers

What’s really surprising is how no after market company has really sought to match the sealing/QC of the Mopar doors. I think Bestop has came the closest but by all accounts it’s pretty lacking in that area as well. I think the “Core” portion of the door was pretty silly. Trading being well sealed and water tight for a trail feature seems silly.

SFZ doors were high on my list but again, if you’re not going to have it more or less water right you may as well just get something much cheaper.

Having spoken more with the guy I’ll have to wait until May as that’s when he’s taking a trip within 4 hours of me, is charging $3800, and they don’t lock and don’t have the wiring harness. All easy fixes but I’m not so sure at that price point... they are essentially brand new though having just been painted in August of 19

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ddays

Hooked
As awesome as the Mopar doors are, That's one item I'd have a problem coughing up $5k for (doors & paint). I'd probably spend a quarter of that on a set of trail doors instead. I do have a set of Body Armor doors I've run in the past that are nice. They're not Mopar half doors but they are nice for passengers that are nervous about riding doorless. :twocents:

dillard09

I so wanted a swr of Mopar half doors but like everyone has said they were so expensive. So I settled for a set of Rugged Ridge half doors I bought off a friend for 1k with uppers. And I'm glad I did. I had a front tire slip off a rock and i ended up in a rock. If that was a set of Mopar doors I would have cried.

Attachments

• 20170508_120954.jpg
    20170508_120954.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 104

rockwell

When I got my JK a couple years ago I looked on Craigslist to see if anybody was selling anything interesting and there was a pair of half doors for like $1k so I picked them up. Last fall I was considering selling them to help fund a set of JKU Core doors so my wife and I can use them interchangeably then I smashed one. Bummer.
IMG_0549.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Catfathers

Yea that’s the scary thing about going with the Mopars. The flat black aluminum Core doors wouldn’t show bruising nearly as bad (wish my wife didn’t either) (just kidding) and with the “core” gimmick it might just save some damage. Decisions decisions

I've got the strike force zebra doors. Painting them was a real chore. They're textured and that needed to sanded and then they become very porous. Used a lot of primer to get them smooth. The front upper takes 2 thumb screws and 2 wing nuts bolts to hold them in place. And also uses a spacer. So they're not nearly as quick to drop in as the factory uppers. Also, still no uppers for the rear.
That being said, they're extremely light and have a good surface for resting the arm unlike my bestop element doors. And they also follow the tub line.

As for the supertop ultra, I've been running the NX for 7 years and I've been wanting to get more space in the back. But $1900 is out of my range. I'm hoping there's a big '20% off / we pay the sales tax/ free shipping' sale in the near future. hahaha..

sfz.jpg

Last edited:

jdofmemi

I've got the strike force zebra doors. Painting them was a real chore. They're textured and that needed to sanded and then they become very porous. Used a lot of primer to get them smooth. The front upper takes 2 thumb screws and 2 wing nuts bolts to hold them in place. And also uses a spacer. So they're not nearly as quick to drop in as the factory uppers. Also, still no uppers for the rear.
That being said, they're extremely light and have a good surface for resting the arm unlike my bestop element doors. And they also follow the tub line.

As for the supertop ultra, I've been running the NX for 7 years and I've been wanting to get more space in the back. But $1900 is out of my range. I'm hoping there's a big '20% off / we pay the sales tax/ free shipping' sale in the near future. hahaha..

View attachment 341805

I'm hoping to get those once they get rear uppers.

I think I will get them wrapped instead of painted. I've heard it is easier.

Jsouder53

Hooked
Man.... looking at all these half doors I would love a set. Might just get a set of soft half doors this summer lol

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
Man.... looking at all these half doors I would love a set. Might just get a set of soft half doors this summer lol

I picked up a set of EAG tuve doors for like $240 and am going to have some mesh made for them for about $150. Close enough for me until I find the right deal on real half doors lol

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

WJCO

Meme King
I picked up a set of EAG tube doors for like $240 and am going to have some mesh made for them for about $150.

I just ordered a set of these for the truck. The price and reviews couldn't be beat. I ended up getting the ones with nylon webbing. Never heard of this company prior but I fucking clicked on an ad here on the bottom of my screen and now here we are.... Have you test fit these yet?

Untitled.jpg

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
I just ordered a set of these for the truck. The price and reviews couldn't be beat. I ended up getting the ones with nylon webbing. Never heard of this company prior but I fucking clicked on an ad here on the bottom of my screen and now here we are.... Have you test fit these yet?

View attachment 341861

I wasn’t able to get the nylon webbing on mine, I got some crazy sale and those ones were gone. I did have them on for a week or so. Some I could get adjusted perfectly, others i put a piece of thin rubber weather seal on where the bumper is and that gave enough extension to tighten it up

That was my first go at it. I bought some vinyl online and tried to wrap it myself. I had no idea what I was doing and it looked like ass. hahaha. That being said, i think the vinyl might go on better now that I have them painted.

But yeah, I've been waiting a while for the rear uppers. I even thought about getting the core doors and just being done with it. But again, can't afford those either.

Jsouder53

Hooked
I picked up a set of EAG tuve doors for like $240 and am going to have some mesh made for them for about $150. Close enough for me until I find the right deal on real half doors lol

View attachment 341861

Maybe I’ll have to go this route... we will see!

dillard09

I painted mine Rugged Ridge doors. Didnt really know what I was doing either. Sanded, few coats of primer, few coats of color match paint. If you get close enough you can see some lighter spots but I thought mine turned out pretty good. This pics is right after I got done with them.

Attachments

• 20170410_123901.jpg
    20170410_123901.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 101

Catfathers

Looks damn good. Badass rig too btw

So I found a guy willing to trade his Mopar halfs with uppers for my factory steel doors +$800. I’ll have to get them painted being that they’re red and my Jeep is black. Thoughts?

Last edited:

nbunga

Caught the Bug
Looks damn good. Badass rig too btw

So I found a guy willing to trade his Mopar halfs with uppers for my factory steel doors +$800. I’ll have to get them painted being that they’re red and my Jeep is black. Thoughts?

I would jump on that deal!

Top Bottom