430N replacing a 130N?

Asinine

The 430N is a plug n play swap for the 130N if you have uconnect. The 730N is also a plug n play swap for the 130N, but requires an additional harness to make work. The reason is the 130N and 430N require an external uconnect box, while the 730N has uconnect built in, so the harness for the 730N is just a wiring bypass.

There are different models by the way. The 730N RHR is for 2011 and up, while the 730N RER is for older models. Plugs are different, so they aren't interchangeable. There are also high and low speed canbus versions, get the high speed IIRC. Same goes for the 430N, but I don't recall the model ID's.

I learned all this last year when I swapped my 130N for a 730N. The harness was $85 and I picked up a 730N off eBay for $775 with updated maps and bypassed Accept screen. Sold the uconnect module and 130N for ~$200, total upgrade cost $700.

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua

The 430N is a plug n play swap for the 130N if you have uconnect. The 730N is also a plug n play swap for the 130N, but requires an additional harness to make work. The reason is the 130N and 430N require an external uconnect box, while the 730N has uconnect built in, so the harness for the 730N is just a wiring bypass.

There are different models by the way. The 730N RHR is for 2011 and up, while the 730N RER is for older models. Plugs are different, so they aren't interchangeable. There are also high and low speed canbus versions, get the high speed IIRC. Same goes for the 430N, but I don't recall the model ID's.

I learned all this last year when I swapped my 130N for a 730N. The harness was $85 and I picked up a 730N off eBay for $775 with updated maps and bypassed Accept screen. Sold the uconnect module and 130N for ~$200, total upgrade cost $700.

I didn't think to sell my 130n+UConnect, that's a nice lil return you got.

pastorwug

I didn't think to sell my 130n+UConnect, that's a nice lil return you got.

I'm definitely going to try to sell my uconnect and 130 as well - Ebay here I come.
Bought the proper jumper cable and a Mygig/Lockpick so once they all come in I'll be installing my 730N. :clap2:

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua

I'm definitely going to try to sell my uconnect and 130 as well - Ebay here I come.
Bought the proper jumper cable and a Mygig/Lockpick so once they all come in I'll be installing my 730N. :clap2:

Right on bud! Try to do a little write up for us with pictures? If there is a listing for the 130 on amazon, I have had better luck selling on there and they take less from you in fees. Also, last time I tried selling on eBay and it didn't sell, they took fees anyways. Where did you get your 730n?

pastorwug

Right on bud! Try to do a little write up for us with pictures? If there is a listing for the 130 on amazon, I have had better luck selling on there and they take less from you in fees. Also, last time I tried selling on eBay and it didn't sell, they took fees anyways. Where did you get your 730n?

From a great guy (Into_the_void) on this forum, he sold me his 730N for $400!

I'm going to try Amazon then, see what happens - thanks!

Did you move from Oxnard? :thinking:

Top Bottom