#5 build thread

NV375

Factory tire carrier handling the 37" spare alright?

Life's a beach

Low miles on it so far. I don't plan to keep it that way long. I still need to install longer tailgate bumps. I think these KM2s may be lighter than the 35" Trail Graplers I plan to install. My biggest fear is snagging the spare on a drop off before I get a carrier. We have two other vehicles so I only have to drive the jeep for fun at the moment. That may change in the future.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Your rig is looking great! I love to low looking stance with the 37s. I'm curious, is there a reason your going down to 35's? Just curious is all. Coming along great!:thumb:

NV375

Your rig is looking great! I love to low looking stance with the 37s. I'm curious, is there a reason your going down to 35's? Just curious is all. Coming along great!:thumb:

35s have been my plan since before I knew I was getting this jeep. After we traded in my 07JKUX last year my plan was to get another JK and stuff 35s under cut fenders and keep it low. I have blown that idea in under 4000 miles. I have rubbing issues with the 37s I think I could fix with some trimming but 35s are cheaper and in theory would be less stress on the many still stock components. Before we left the lot with this jeep I had my build all mapped out in my head. First cut fenders and stuff almost 35s under it drive for a year add bumpers, a PR44 and gears. By three years be sporting COs and 37s. I skipped a few important parts that I planned to add as I could or needed to. I'm committed to 35s now but thinking I should have started with 295s. I have done no mods to support running 37s I just put them on because I sold my 255s and found these used on rims my wife likes. I know how bad my 07 JKUX was after running 35s and not installing the proper supporting parts.

Last edited:

NV375

Started mounting the EVO D ring mounts will finish this weekend if the two missing nuts show up.
1398716650455.jpg
1398716684023.jpg
I added DIY tailgate bumps
1398717563395.jpg
I also added a radio mount over the mirror.
1398716798020.jpg
1398716945211.jpg
1398717408746.jpg
I still need to run the wiring and decided on a permanent antenna location.

Sent using the WAYALIFE mobile app

NV375

I went back out after lunch and added a third clamp and bracket to the radio bracket.
1398741622247.jpg
It is rock solid now

Chevy Dave

Looking good so far. Curious to see how you run the wires for the cb. I had planned on mounting mine the exact same way but couldn't decide where to hide the wires

OllllllllO Instagram @LucyTheJeep

NV375

Looking good so far. Curious to see how you run the wires for the cb. I had planned on mounting mine the exact same way but couldn't decide where to hide the wires

Thanks.
I ran out of time. I am planning to remove plastic around the windshield frame and conceal the wires to get them under the dash. With all the radios and switch panels I have seen there must be room.

Chevy Dave

Thanks.
I ran out of time. I am planning to remove plastic around the windshield frame and conceal the wires to get them under the dash. With all the radios and switch panels I have seen there must be room.

I gotcha. I'll be standing by to see how you do it

NV375

Took me longer than I expected to finish up the D ring mounts.
All ready to go.
1399001344173.jpg

NV375

I need to get some bumpstop extensions for the rear. Gouging the tires pretty good today. 37s & 3/4 inch coil spacers and no up travel limiting =
1399245174142.jpg
Also one of the reasons why I want to go down to 35s.

Rancho or EVO sell 2 inch rear coils?

NV375

looks like standard P-clips and L-brackets bolted to supplied cb mount, should be able to get them at any hardware store.

Yes. Also I have extra clips not the L brackets or screws if anyone needs the clips.
1399252252707.jpg
My wife made sure I had plenty.

This is what went in to assemble each point.
1399252445005.jpg

NV375

Updated first post to where I am at today.

Today I installed the EVO vacuum pump relocation bracket, the LoD front bumper went back on, added an ammo can for storage until I install a winch, installed LED front side marker lights and adjusted the headlights to compensate for the front high stance. My son also helped me cutoff 2 inches from one of the stock Rubicon rails and mount it.
1399352718512.jpg
1399352748048.jpg
1399352815831.jpg
1399352851341.jpg
1399352886062.jpg

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Great idea on the marker lights! I was actually just cruising around my range yesterday looking for an ammo can to do the same thing until I get a winch! :thumb:

NV375

I was about to drill into the LoD front bumper to install the lights and spotted the hole I ended up using. I had just enough wire to connect at this location. I used a step drill bit to enlarge the hole. Many people end up removing the part I mounted it to but I won't be anytime soon. It almost protects my smart bar motor.

NV375

I now have both the stock Rubicon rails cut 2" and reinstalled.
1399744059330.jpg

Top Bottom