50" or 52" light bars your thoughts

n3tfury

OP, I would skip the lightbar and upgrade your headlights with LED's there first. Take your pick - or better yet, search WAL for what ever brand floats your boat.
With those you wont need a light bar unless you want one for looks. The winch suggestion was solid too.

Well, you're not going to get a good set of LED headlights for the price of an average 50" light bar.

OP, I don't think they look good, they make a fair bit of noise, but I DO have on on mine when wheeling at night/heading out for low light shooting in the desert. That being said, I'm contemplating removing it and just sticking with the 20 on the front bumper and the cubes at the A pillars.

Ddays

Hooked
Well, you're not going to get a good set of LED headlights for the price of an average 50" light bar.

OP, I don't think they look good, they make a fair bit of noise, but I DO have on on mine when wheeling at night/heading out for low light shooting in the desert. That being said, I'm contemplating removing it and just sticking with the 20 on the front bumper and the cubes at the A pillars.

If he's on a certain budget that's probably true but he'd get more use out of the headlights than the lightbar I bet.

Yuriy

50" or 52" light bars your thoughts

I got my light bar from Amazon. 40" for $60. I'm not worried about the wind because I got a gobi roof rack and it creates noise as it is. I got the light bar for the looks to fill the empty spot in my rack. That's why I only paid $60 for it. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1463326808.075223.jpg

Last edited:

JohnnyWest

We do a decent amount of night off roading, so we have them on both Jeeps. We don't have any noticeable wind noise, we have the Rigid bars with resonance dampeners. We've been hassled about not having covers on them, so I need to come up with a decent looking cover.
Also have a 10" Rigid in the hood and some cubes in the bumper.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1463327926.729732.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1463327960.962413.jpg

Romac2223

Since you asked... Do you have a winch? If not then you should get that first.

yes the winch is the first thing I bought among other things I mainly got the bar for looks but I may use it from time to time, I have the dampeners but maybe I don't have them in the right place because I still have a lot of noise. if anyone has a pic of where they go that would be awesome.

Jimmypaget

Funny, I just took my light bar off yesterday! It was only there for looks as I can count the number of times I've used it for its purpose on one hand! I just don't do a lot of night runs. I had a couple issues with mine, the mounting bracket bolts kept breaking (twice) and I got tired of replacing the bolts, even though I know how cheap they are. Also, I did have a wind noise issue. My solution was to stuff some plastic/rubber tubing in between every other fin, that way it left open fins for cooling. My main reason though was for lack of use. So it came off.

Jimmypaget

We do a decent amount of night off roading, so we have them on both Jeeps. We don't have any noticeable wind noise, we have the Rigid bars with resonance dampeners. We've been hassled about not having covers on them, so I need to come up with a decent looking cover.
Also have a 10" Rigid in the hood and some cubes in the bumper.
View attachment 203471
View attachment 203472

The light bar in the hood? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of the ram air hood?

JeepJeep75

I have seen two different hummers and a raptor driving down Hawthorn blvd at dusk in heavy traffic with their light bars on. I guess the cops here don't give a fuck about vehicle code anymore. Even when there is still plenty of daylight, these light bars annoy the hell out of those in front of them. Don't be a mall crawler! Save those lumens for the trail! [emoji6]

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
I have seen two different hummers and a raptor driving down Hawthorn blvd at dusk in heavy traffic with their light bars on. I guess the cops here don't give a fuck about vehicle code anymore. Even when there is still plenty of daylight, these light bars annoy the hell out of those in front of them. Don't be a mall crawler! Save those lumens for the trail! [emoji6]

Yeah I get annoyed at it to it's like really your only driving with it on because you think it looks cool and yes you know you have it on so everyone can look at you. I always flash them with mine when I see that .

I have a single row 50" with lower mounts. I was hoping it would be quieter than the bigger double row. It's not.

I sure looks cool tho.

I didn't add the 50 extra horsepower like some dude on instagram told me would...what a dick.

20160823_113941.jpg

Last edited:

rogerk93

I personally would not put a 50" but I've seen jeeps around me with stock everything, factory wheels and tires and dual 50". Just don't be that guy.

Top Bottom